Single female

It’s the younger Fox & Fox Cubs playing & Thumping Around underneath your van The Snuffling & Squeaking of the Hedgehogs Around you’re Tyers if you’re parked up on their usual run, Squirrels trying to use your Bonnet or Roof as a Perch to take a Breather from scurrying, The early morning Thud & Tap Tap Tap Tap On the Roof by heavy footed Crows & Pigeons, The Stench of Disregarded Fish by Otters & the momentary confusion of trying to work out why you vehicle is shaking only to find out it’s a Cow scratching it’s Arse on the corner of it that will be more common a problem than having any ‘Trouble’ from Humans at your park up I will wager !.
& YES have had ALL the above,
That has made us all want to get out in the wild :unsure:

Justification has a large part to play. If you play baseball and own a baseball bat, you might have problems explaining why the associated glove and ball aren’t also in your van.

It’s nice to have a couple of plants in the van, so much more homely. Problem is greenfly have a habit of causing havoc, luckily there are plenty of organic home made pesticide recipes online, the most effective of which are made from chilli peppers (chemically very similar to the synthetic pepper sprays you mustn’t own because they are illegal without a licence).

In a good spray bottle you can direct the spray very accurately to hit pesky greenfly!

Justification has a large part to play. If you play baseball and own a baseball bat, you might have problems explaining why the associated glove and ball aren’t also in your van.

It’s nice to have a couple of plants in the van, so much more homely. Problem is greenfly have a habit of causing havoc, luckily there are plenty of organic home made pesticide recipes online, the most effective of which are made from chilli peppers (chemically very similar to the synthetic pepper sprays you mustn’t own because they are illegal without a licence).

In a good spray bottle you can direct the spray very accurately to hit pesky greenfly!
You should carry a handheld syth in case these plants get out of control, a little trimming of the head should sort it mind you.

I agree, slight crossed wires I think, the post was advising to have a spray bottle with bleach in it as protection and not using 'whatever was at hand'. I wouldn't put it past the type of person that got the face full of spray to go to court in the event of sight damage/loss and then you are in the situation of sticking to your false story or admitting it was there as a home made pepper spray.
Home made anti vac please.

whilst a pepper spray may be considered to be an offensive weapon, if you just "happen" to have a domestic spray bottle like a surface cleaner, that "happens" to contain a bleach product............
Finally! A benefit from the Rona! I happen to have about my person a vast amount of antiviral disinfectant, ready to dispense from continuous spray bottles. What could be more natural than dosing any intruder seeking to come within 2 meters of my person? Which basically crossing the threshold would more or less equate to. 🤪😂🤣

Seriously though the more I've read of the comments on here the less I think I need worry.From a probability perspective, given the combined amount of nights you lot have all spent in isolated locations and the fact that none of you have reported frightening occurrences worthy of big concerns, I'd say the risk is minimal.
or
Wait?
Perhaps the opposite?
Oh no! And I was doing so well, too.

I have a good mate who's an international trucker, she's about 5'2" and quite a stunner, I met her back in 2001 when we were both driving down to Casablanca.

She collects loose change and keeps it in a hessian bag by her bed, but remember you use any weapon and you run 2 risks, being charged with various offences or actually making mayors worse, if you use a weapon you have to be sure its going to stop any threat/attack is it doesn't the assailant will be pissed off and feel justified in using violence back.

Common sense is a better approach.

If things DO quickly escalate -
3C5BB2C7-30E7-40BA-B044-B77F4CEEEE1F.jpeg

I have a good mate who's an international trucker, she's about 5'2" and quite a stunner, I met her back in 2001 when we were both driving down to Casablanca.

She collects loose change and keeps it in a hessian bag by her bed, but remember you use any weapon and you run 2 risks, being charged with various offences or actually making mayors worse, if you use a weapon you have to be sure its going to stop any threat/attack is it doesn't the assailant will be pissed off and feel justified in using violence back.

Common sense is a better approach.
The truth is much depends on presence of mind in the moment.
I'm definitely good at screaming so loud it hurts. Lol. Found that out when a loose dog attacked mine once.

Aaaargh although at this rate I'll be having a fortnights holiday on my drive. Broken down. No not me heh heh heh
Flipping mechanical engines. Urgh.

Good morning all

I've tried to search threads but technically challenged so apologies if it's been said before....
Like everyone I'm itching to get on the road. I have some concerns though. My van is basic and multitasks as work vehicle, so I will be looking to go to pubs and friends. I had a trial run on the farm my cousin lives on and loved it. I parked a fair way from his cottage but in truth was in a gated community equivalent. I plan to visit a friend in Blackpool and use her driveway as my next venture to build my confidence. When we are allowed. The thing that bothers me, though is my being alone. If I was 6' and built like Mike Tyson might be more confident but I just have a nagging fear around my vulnerability. Yes I can lock myself in and so feel safer than if I were in a tent. And I have a terrier who, although not a killing machine would certainly alert me to movements outside. However I can't quite shift the sensation of: am I safe?
Are any of you able to offer some words of wisdom, anything I should consider or things I can do to overcome this niggling anxiety? I desperately want to explore the Lake District and national parks but can't lift my underlying fear? I veer from powerhouse of bold, rebellious "I can do this" to "eeek"
Any suggestions/advice?

This is my advice

It was going well till I read "heavy footed COWS" on the roof! :eek: That zombie has surely experienced the wildlife! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well Not quite had a Cow on the Roof Yet, But Give it time.
Here’s the culprit that left it’s dinner of fish that I only found MUCH later by Nose alone & after I washed 4 times that day !
(Floor Passenger side wheel)
2644117B-4058-4C0A-942B-1647EB9BE8E6.jpeg

& a persistent but welcome Visitor -
445FA580-882C-4D96-B948-857BEB633219.jpeg

Well, My last (Much missed) vehicle was called ‘The Nest’

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back