Simple things that make a difference

Just wondering what simple purchases people have made for their vans that have made all the difference?
I recently got one of these, makes a big difference when trying to fill the van on your own. Now the hose doesn’t come out the fill point when your 15ft away turning the tap on!

free image hosting website

1720355744925.png

Just wondering what simple purchases people have made for their vans that have made all the difference?
I recently got one of these, makes a big difference when trying to fill the van on your own. Now the hose doesn’t come out the fill point when your 15ft away turning the tap on!

Never had an issue. Our (knock off) Hozelock connector we have just happens to be a perfect push fit into the van connection pipe. 😊

That might be useful for my new van. On our old one I just wedged the hose in the toilet door next to the water fill door and it stayed put but they are further apart on this one and the hose just drops out. Need to fix that.

Like that

That might be useful for my new van. On our old one I just wedged the hose in the toilet door next to the water fill door and it stayed put but they are further apart on this one and the hose just drops out. Need to fix that.
If you can find a wine bottle cork, they can be hard to acquire (!), do as I have done.

Cut the end of the cork to become a wedge, then push it onto the filler neck to wedge hose in place.

Very cheap option, replacements easily available - provided you're not tee total!

to go with that, this is a very handy device ....
https://amzn.to/4eQwyar

61CfoGZxcvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Once you know what your tank takes, you can just look at this to check the progress and quickly know how long it will take to fill instead of waiting by the tap constantly until you hear it overflow. not the cheapest item but I reckon easily worth the money.

I have one of these and also carry a spare just in case! I used to wedge the hose in with an old tea towel but this was a good use of 7 quid.

I like the look of that. This could be an Xmas/Fathers Day/Birthday pressie idea. Do you have one? Are they accurate?
to go with that, this is a very handy device ....
https://amzn.to/4eQwyar

61CfoGZxcvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Once you know what your tank takes, you can just look at this to check the progress and quickly know how long it will take to fill instead of waiting by the tap constantly until you hear it overflow. not the cheapest item but I reckon easily worth the money.

I have one of these and also carry a spare just in case! I used to wedge the hose in with an old tea towel but this was a good use of 7 quid.

I like the look of that. This could be an Xmas/Fathers Day/Birthday pressie idea. Do you have one? Are they accurate?
I have the one I linked to and I find it very accurate.
You get two displays - one is cumulative flow and the other is reset each time the water is stopped for a certain time, so each time you use it, it automatically starts from zero. I know that on my motorhome as soon as it gets close to 90L (if drained), time to be at the tap ready to turn off.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
I have the one I linked to and I find it very accurate.
You get two displays - one is cumulative flow and the other is reset each time the water is stopped for a certain time, so each time you use it, it automatically starts from zero. I know that on my motorhome as soon as it gets close to 90L (if drained), time to be at the tap ready to turn off.

Thanks

I'll just need to try and remember that come Xmas-time now :)

I've got one of these, used it on every van we've had and it's never popped out I know that as Liz squeals when it pops out.

1720446089620.png

And yes we now use a watering can, and yes I've put a hose in the van, and yes I hope never to need it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back