Silent generator

Seconded.

And thirded, but even the Honda isn't as quiet as they would have you believe: my 2.0EUi was quiet at the advertised 1/4 load spec, but at full power it was quite intrusive!
John

Honda every time, you get what you pay for, besides being silent you will only ever buy one once if you maintain it.

Honda every time, you get what you pay for, besides being silent you will only ever buy one once if you maintain it.

Very true, i`ve had mine for 6 years now and it`s as good if not better now than it was when i bought it.

saw a E20i in COSTCO for just over a grand. That's a good price, right?

No such thing as a silent generater,unless you bury them in straw bales,I have a so called silent Honda 10 i and it is noisey and for this reason I have only used it a few times in all the time I have had it.You have to carry a can of petrol which is smelly as is a generater filled with petrol and also this is smelly in use. I just keep my genny in my garage in case we have a power cut at home so I can power lights. Much better to go the Solar Panel route I think.

OOPs. Kipor generator every time. You will never get a silent generator and its all about how you use it. Have had a 2kw Kipor for 8 years now and used regularly at kart meetings with no problems at less than half the price of a Honda.

As I said its how you use it that counts by respecting your neighbours. Its everybody to their own but you can spend a lot on a Honda but you gain very little.

And that is why Honda took them to court and won, kipor were copying honda designs. By the way I have a Honda generator for sale if anyone interested?:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I carry the old Honda ex650, View attachment 20974they were called 'the whisperer' when they were first introduced but they are not as quiet as modern gennies, no generator is quiet but if somebody next to me needs to run one I don't mind as long as it isn't too late, I have solar panels so I have not fired mine up for two years except to charge batteries for somebody next to me and to be honest your money is better spent on solar panels but if you have to have one then Hondas are the best, Kipor are the best value but if there is a show on buy from there because you can get a good discount

And that is why Honda took them to court and won, kipor were copying honda designs.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

But weren't very good at it they where still noisy and unreliable un like the Honda's

But weren't very good at it they where still noisy and unreliable un like the Honda's

My Kipor still in regular use after 8 years so they must have got something right otherwise Honda would not have taken legal action??????

Everybody has a choice but I certainly have had good value for money out of my Kipor rather than being gulled into buying a name.

My Kipor still in regular use after 8 years so they must have got something right otherwise Honda would not have taken legal action??????

Everybody has a choice but I certainly have had good value for money out of my Kipor rather than being gulled into buying a name.

R&D costs money - ripping off others designs is a good way of cutting costs and offering a cheap product, while the company doing the R&D will have to pass those costs on to their customers.

Generator

OOPs. Kipor generator every time. You will never get a silent generator and its all about how you use it. Have had a 2kw Kipor for 8 years now and used regularly at kart meetings with no problems at less than half the price of a Honda.

As I said its how you use it that counts by respecting your neighbours. Its everybody to their own but you can spend a lot on a Honda but you gain very little.

And that is why Honda took them to court and won, kipor were copying honda designs. By the way I have a Honda generator for sale if anyone interested?:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Pm sent to you regarding cost you want for it

Why not go Green & help save our planet...

Generators can be noisey, smelly, intrusive and costly.

Solar panels are 'extremely' quiet, they don't smell, they're on the roof (generally) and therefore out of the way and they cost typically 1/4 of the price of a generator - oh yes, and they don't gobble up fossil fuels.

And the bonus is that you can run a tracker/burglar alarm powered by a solar panel whilst your Motorhome/Caravan is unattended for an indefinite period of time, try doing that with a generator....

Good hunting!

Captain Biggles :plane:

When we bought the Motorhome a few years ago we looked at many. What always stood out was the smell of petrol inside some motorhomes. You could tell who was using a genny and who not.

I looked into the genny thing to start with as well but decided to give solar a go first. Never bought a genny.....

Trouble is that it is far more easy for the average motorhomer to get a genny started and plugged in than a proper (and here is the problem) solar install. And when I see how much some companies charge for solar stuff, I don't blame people for buying a genny.

I bought a 100W solar panel for 100quid ish, when on shows they tried to sell me "bargains" for 500!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back