Show wildcamping spots you like

Djulö Kvarn, just south of Katrineholm. A place we often rested at and sometimes stood overnight when we drove from Öland to Västerås to visit relatives. Service toilet. The road is quite close so there may be some noise. There has been a water-powered mill by the rapids.
Screenshot_20210502-080131-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20210502-080821-01.jpeg

Sala Silver Mine, located in the small town of Sala north of Västerås. There is a parking space without service. Toilets can be accessed at a nearby café. The place is free of charge.

Screenshot_20210502-222815.png
Sala 5.jpg
Screenshot_20210502-222508-01.jpeg

Sandviks Camping on southwestern Öland has a motorhome parking close to Kalmarsund. There is no electricity on the beach but all other service. Cost SEK 150 or about 12 pounds. Beautiful location with nice walking paths. Many bird watchers spend the night here and visit the Eckelsudde bird and seal reserve which is close by.

Screenshot_20210503-112735-01.jpeg
Örn.jpg

You can see an eagle in the background.

IMG_1848.JPG

Exhausted bird watchers!😃

There is a lot of forest in Sweden. I remember when I had applied for a job as head of a machine workshop in Lidhult, a small village in the middle of the forest where everyone was free during the moose hunt. When we drove home, my wife was quiet until we reached Kalmarsund and she could see the sea. Then she said "there was a lot of forest". I did not take the job, stayed in Kalmar.

Bengt i Örkelljunga, an overnight stay near the motorhome dealer. A good place to stay overnight if you come from the ferry or the Öresund Bridge and are tired. Service: water, greywater and latrine emptying, toilet during the daytime at the dealer. Cost: SEK 50 and SEK 50 for electricity, but no one checks. Near E4 so there is some noise. Free coffee at the dealer and a good workshop and accessories store.

Screenshot_20210504-105742-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20210504-111718-01.jpeg

A memory from Sandwood Bay. We found a bird skull and a beautifully shaped piece of wood on the beach. When we got home we asked a silversmith to make a plate with an inscription. Have any of you been there?

View attachment 96915
One of my favourite places. No trip to Northwest Scotland is complete without a walk to Sandwood Bay. Love the walk in and the peace when you get there.

One of my favourite places. No trip to Northwest Scotland is complete without a walk to Sandwood Bay. Love the walk in and the peace when you get there.
Here's the man, to the left, who told us about Sandwood Bay. He had had a burglary in his camper and was waiting for some spare part in the middle of nowhere. We stopped to have a break and started talking. A wonderful place, my wife even saw a jumping salmon in the surf. I often return there on Google Maps.
19 Spindelman Lasse karta.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back