Show wildcamping spots you like

Kalleiviken

This is a favorite of mine. Nunnedalen Öland. No service but toilet and latrine emptying at a rest area 2 km away. And for free.

IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2526.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG
IMG_2528.JPG

Here's another one. I had hoped that more people would share their spots. Rest area Brahehus with diesel filling station, restaurants, well-cleaned toilets, rest area furniture, beautiful views of Lake Vättern and paths for walking. Great place to stop if you are driving the E4. Can be a bit noisy many trucks. Free.

Screenshot_20210424-163715-01.jpeg
IMG_0149.JPG
PSX_20191130_192559.jpg
IMG_0155.JPG

Please don’t take this as a fact. But good locations in the Uk are hard to find, and if the general public are made aware, very soon get spoiled. Therefore we do tend to keep the better sites to ourselves. Not everyone takes their rubbish home with them. Witness the bags marked McDonalds thrown on grass verges. Not a pretty sight 🤬

Ok I understand, Sweden does not then have as many people as the UK per square kilometer. UK 267 / square kilometer Sweden 23 / square kilometer. So I understand the problems. In our country there are plenty of wildcamping spots everywhere except around the citys. There are more good places on the east coast from Ystad up to near Stockholm. In Stockholm, it is a little more problematic to find places that cost nothing. There it is better to find a campsite, for example Klubbensborgs camping and hostel beautifully located by Lake Mälaren.
In northern Sweden, it is no problem at all to find wonderful wildcamping spots everywhere.
Do you want more wildcamping favorites?

Kåseberga with Ale Stenar. The local table tennis club has arranged a place for motorhomes and caravans. It costs 140 SEK / day or about 11 pounds. Service: water, toilet, shower and a few electrical outlets. Nice place where you support the youth activities in the table tennis club. A walk up to the iron age site near the beach is recommended. Archaeologists are debating what the purpose of the site is.
Screenshot_20210424-225705-01.jpeg
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG

Ok I understand, Sweden does not then have as many people as the UK per square kilometer. UK 267 / square kilometer Sweden 23 / square kilometer. So I understand the problems. In our country there are plenty of wildcamping spots everywhere except around the citys. There are more good places on the east coast from Ystad up to near Stockholm. In Stockholm, it is a little more problematic to find places that cost nothing. There it is better to find a campsite, for example Klubbensborgs camping and hostel beautifully located by Lake Mälaren.
In northern Sweden, it is no problem at all to find wonderful wildcamping spots everywhere.
Do you want more wildcamping favorites?
Most definitely keep the wildcamping spots coming.

From Wiki.
Stora Alvaret (Swedish: [ˈstǔːra ˈâlːvarɛt]; "the Great Alvar") is an alvar, a barren limestone terrace, in the southern half of the island of Öland, Sweden. Stora Alvaret is a dagger shaped expanse almost 40 kilometres (25 mi) long and about 10 kilometres (6 mi) at the widest north end. The area of this formation exceeds 260 square kilometres (100 sq mi), making it the largest such expanse in Europe and comprising over one fourth of the land area of the island.

And for free!
The road is not very busy so you can sleep without disturbing noise. At night you can study the stars without disturbing light. In the spring, orchids grow in large numbers on the calcareous soil.

IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2606.JPG
IMG_20190405_173846-01.jpeg

Scotland
No wildcamping but a great place to visit and I am convinced that you have a suitable place nearby. My wife Gunilla and my brother-in-law visited the place sometime in the late 80's.. 1989.
Screenshot_20210428-114053-01.jpeg
37 Sandwood Bay.jpg
KnackebrodScan-151007-0041.jpg
34 Trevligt par fel vik Sheigra.jpg

Nice couple we met on the parking, before we started our walk. They offered coffee and sponge cake.

Last edited:
Bårby Borg, an ancient ringfort from the Iron Age. Only remnants of the outer wall remain. To the west, the fort is protected by a natural slope. Service at Bårby Borg parking is a dry toilet. Free

If you want to see a rebuilt ancient ringfort, a visit to Eketorps Borg is recommended, where there are houses in the Iron Age style, pigs, sheep and chickens. If you click on the top right, you can get the text in English.
Screenshot_20210430-220519-01.jpeg
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back