Short Sighted Blinkered National Trust

Stonehenge area certainly has an aura about it, very peaceful place. Makes me feel great every time I park up there. Only go in the stones when it’s free, would not pay what they ask to get near. I now have quite a few friends and fellow full timers I meet with there so maybe different to just visiting

That may be the case, it’s a couple of years since I looked into it. I do know they wouldn’t allow any leeway on it when Vernon tried with his.
And if anyone could circumvent the system it would be Vernon with his attention to detail and professional background and knowledge. He dealt with planning on an almost daily basis

I visited Stonehenge many years ago and it was possible to simply wander amongst them, but wasn’t impressed by any great feeling about them, of course it’s since become too busy now to appreciate anything there may be anyway. The most impressive circle I’ve been to is Castlerigg near Keswick, there‘s something very special about the location and it’s sometimes possible to have the place to yourself.
My bucket list includes visiting some of the circles on Scottish islands.

One doesn’t have to pay that ridiculous price to troop around the perimeter of Stonehenge.
Get yer arse out of bed at 6am on an equinox or another of the days that the Druids hold their mumbo jumbo & you can get in right among the stones & it’s free, & entertaining.
Also overnight on the drove.
Scottish islands are great, not only for stone circles but there are ancient settlements to visit.

At two N trust sites yesterday,almost no one there and kids could run free,gray abbey & quinten point Co Down which is well of the beaten track.
grayabbey 1.jpg
grayabbey 3.jpg
grayabbey 4.jpg
grayabbey 6.jpg
grayabbey 5.jpg
kerny 1.jpg
kerny 2.jpg
kerny 3.jpg
kerny 4.jpg
kerny 5.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back