Second night away......

Lunch in Aberdaron and back to site.... Dogs have zoomed on the beach and I've a beer on the go watching my mad other half swim in the sea....

IMG_20211008_172532.jpg
IMG_20211008_172601.jpg
IMG_20211008_172627.jpg
IMG_20211008_172701.jpg
IMG_20211008_172741.jpg
IMG_20211008_171618.jpg

Left Cae Du this morning in glorious sunshine (enforced 11am decamp.... Drives me scatty and likely means I won't return)

View attachment 102692View attachment 102693

Lunch (veg Chilli and garlic bread)

And headed for tonight's wild spot on Tywyn headland....

Busy with dog walkers folks paddling in the river....
Though now we've walked the dogs on a stunning deserted beach over the top of a shingle bank its started to dwindle now...
Fab views in one direction and against railway embankment (no trains today and not ridiculously busy when running)

Stunning spot AND be fantastic with kayak/SUP etc as easy launch into River and out to sea....
20211010_164259.jpg
20211010_164159.jpg
20211010_163434.jpg
20211010_163433.jpg
20211010_161808.jpg
20211010_160832.jpg
20211010_160736.jpg

20211010_164159.jpg

I did some aircon work for a local chap (Nice chap so refused payment)
And a box of Trappist ales turned up as a thank you from him....
I'm drinking my way through them as we mooch around North Wales.... Supplemented by local ales too ;-)

I was visiting a friend who had moved to Belgium and he took me to his new local where he introduced me to Trappist ale.

After 3 bottles I decided to get off my bar stool to visit the Gents.

Someone had stolen my legs and I fell flat on the floor.

I was visiting a friend who had moved to Belgium and he took me to his new local where he introduced me to Trappist ale.

After 3 bottles I decided to get off my bar stool to visit the Gents.

Someone had stolen my legs and I fell flat on the floor.
Certainly is strong stuff...
Most of the bottles in the beer hawk selection were nearer 7%...
Gives one of my other faves (Abbeydales 'Black lurcher' (8.5% on draught)

Screenshot_20211010-180837_Chrome.jpg

I think you will be dropping if you are not careful with the Black Lurcher. Haven't had the pleasure myself yet but it's on the bucket list now. Like Abbeydale brewery ales.

I think you will be dropping if you are not careful with the Black Lurcher. Haven't had the pleasure myself yet but it's on the bucket list now. Like Abbeydale brewery ales.
Fave spot for drinking it was Three stags heads in Wardlow mires peak district....

Proper old style pub that doesn't serve lager or other fizzy pop....
Flag floors and grumpy landlord.....

Was a great little farmers field next door too....
Field/tap/toilet for less than a tenner a night AND the EPIC yonderman cafe over the road

Just noticed you went to Chippy Dre. We live only 15 mins down the road and imo it’s the best chippy for miles around. If you are in the Porthmadog area Chippy Dre is in the centre of the village of Tremadog which is basically next door to Porthmadog...easy to find! Their opening hours are pretty good too for a chippy... usually open during day as well as evening

Just noticed you went to Chippy Dre. We live only 15 mins down the road and imo it’s the best chippy for miles around. If you are in the Porthmadog area Chippy Dre is in the centre of the village of Tremadog which is basically next door to Porthmadog...easy to find! Their opening hours are pretty good too for a chippy... usually open during day as well as evening
Trouble is their spicy bread crumbed fish spoils you for fish and chips anywhere else lol,.....

Truly best fish and chips I've ever had.... Reccomended to us by a lovely local lady in Wilkos Porthmadog many years back ;-)

Headed over to Anglesey for a break headed to back of RAF Valley to one of our fave spots at Cwmyran....
Now blocked with a shiny galvanised gate and no camping/cars/sleeping/anything signs (due apparently to a group of motorhomes parking accross the emergency access road to Valley and refusing to move when asked by RAF Valley security)

Luckily found a small spot overlooking one of the RSPB reserve.... Loverly and quiet.

Moved on and now on a little 5 pitch CS near to holyhead....
£12 a night without leccy
£15 with....
Shower/toilet wash room/chem disposal and grey water drop...

Nicely laid out and well spaced... On hardstanding....
Having a couple of nights here as developed slipping clutch intermittently so need to find a garage.

View attachment 102397View attachment 102398
Shame about the brainless ones.

I too loved the photos

Left Cae Du this morning in glorious sunshine (enforced 11am decamp.... Drives me scatty and likely means I won't return)

View attachment 102692View attachment 102693

Lunch (veg Chilli and garlic bread)

And headed for tonight's wild spot on Tywyn headland....

Busy with dog walkers folks paddling in the river....
Though now we've walked the dogs on a stunning deserted beach over the top of a shingle bank its started to dwindle now...
Fab views in one direction and against railway embankment (no trains today and not ridiculously busy when running)

Stunning spot AND be fantastic with kayak/SUP etc as easy launch into River and out to sea....
View attachment 102695View attachment 102696View attachment 102697View attachment 102698View attachment 102699View attachment 102700View attachment 102701
View attachment 102702
That’s a stunning location spent many a happy time overnighting there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back