Second night away......

mistericeman

Borth carpark for us tonight....

£10 on the gate to a very nice gentleman living in his Transit and acting as caretaker.

Pictures later hopefully ;-)

mistericeman

Back to moho now with tired hounds after sunset on the beach...

Only a handful of vans and silent now Barring the sound of the sea.

IMG_20211011_190925.jpg
IMG_20211011_190827.jpg
IMG_20211011_190656.jpg

mistericeman

Tucked up on nice quiet 5 spotter just outside Aberystwyth....

Lovely and peaceful.... Fueled up in Morrisons

AND stopped for something to eat at "The Smoke Shack"
(after myself having a minor melt down after some of Abers narrower streets that tomtom though were ace for a fat bloke in a fatter motorhome)

Blaendolau playing fields just outside Aberystwyth

Veggie burger with Balsamic onions and cheese
And Home made southern fried chicken burger

AND Seasoned fries.....

Hell...... That was a fantastic scran from, ANY roadside trailer....
The Chap is a Ledgend and no mistake.

mistericeman

Spent last night here....

Screenshot_20211013-133318_searchforsites.jpg

Pantmawr CS..... Lovely peaceful location next to the Afon Ystwyth.

Very friendly welcome and were only charged £10 as its out of season and we 'seemed nice' (appearances can be deceptive obviously ;-))

Peaceful and nicely spaced out.... We opted for being slightly of the main field as there were a couple of folks, on there already and we didn't want to intrude (and our spot had a better view of the ladies exercising their horses in the exercise arena ;-).

Very pleasant walks along the stunningly clear river...

Shower
Toilet
Waste
Chemical dump etc
And Hook up IF you need it for a further charge.

Convenient location for Aberystwyth too.

20211013_131657.jpg
20211013_130347.jpg
20211013_130343.jpg
20211013_132024.jpg

20211013_134422.jpg
20211013_134418.jpg

mistericeman

Night on Vaenol caravan Park last night... (top up with water, empty rubbish, tanks and a electric top up) last night...

£23 including electric....

Nice view from our touring pitch and lovely and quiet....
Until Mr and Mrs Loud and their 2 even louder (she laughed like a donkey with gout) friends....

Thankfully they went in about 12pm... For a game of slam the doors...

Nice place though (though I wouldn't want to be there in main season.... It looks a bit 'Peopley')

Nice new facilities block.... All very swish....

Shame not a single one of the very few men using the facilities had evolved enough to use a toilet brush....
Every single trap.... Despoiled.

Back to the headland now for sunset Ness...

IMG_20211015_192009.jpg

Moonraker 2

Lovely pictures. I too had a wonderful trip to north Wales this year. For once not defeated by the weather.
I was going to say, how come the Welsh are ok with allowing us to stay overnight in car parks and the English are not ........then I remembered that in north Wales we couldn't. Ah well.
A good mix of free stops and small sites is the way to go.

mistericeman

Lovely pictures. I too had a wonderful trip to north Wales this year. For once not defeated by the weather.
I was going to say, how come the Welsh are ok with allowing us to stay overnight in car parks and the English are not ........then I remembered that in north Wales we couldn't. Ah well.
A good mix of free stops and small sites is the way to go.
We were pretty lucky with the weather to be fair (though the last night up at Nant y moch was decidedly Breezy on the dam car park.... We usually stay further up BUT needed phone signal... And TV signal for strictly ;-))
Especially for the time of year lol.

There ARE still some lovely spots to stop.... Though we have lost a couple of our faves (by the looks due to selfish idiotic behaviour)
The amount of fire pits that had been built right next to forestry up at Nant y moch was frankly shocking.....

CL/CS sites and smaller independant sites were great though....
Some of the prices even shocked me (never mind my other half's Yorkshire self ;-))

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:375)

RichardHelen262, trevskoda, mark61, brian c, number14, TeamRienza, Wully, Old Wanderer, Fazerloz, kevlakes, mike17, n brown, campervanannie, SimonM, Jo001, GeoffL, Shockingdog, argoose, Gerry Attrick, izwozral, korky, JVG, Topmast, Tookey, Silver sprinter, Tonybvi, 2cv, ARDAS, molly 2, Dale, saxonborg, amcjam, Canalsman, ATwin, SquirrellCook, kingfisher1, GreggBear, Val54, Cass, tripper, oppy, Gerti58, Sambarob, Monkeybrand, Mandoman, barryd, davep10000, Phantom, Heppy, alcam, Peter Hislop, paulhelenwilko, Scotia, belbri, wildebus, Bigshug, winks, jeanette, BigAldo, DnK, Forresbroons, GinaRon, The Jacks, linkshouse, fiona68, Alberto, vtwinner, Fisherman, jacquigem, Snapster, GMJ, Budgie, ajb70, gypo, DorsetDrifter, maingate, Debroos, iampatman, DTF, groyne, st3v3, Veloman, ian1950, myvanwy, TJBi, yorkslass, Johnsais, denmar, RoadTrek Boy, aross, SouthernTribby, Biggarmac, Wooie1958, Larnie, Wheelie, Ted, jann, julesanian, Tezza33, royh28, REC, Nabsim, harrow, ironman, r4dent, Stu2, FarWest, justRoamin, Futisle, petermotorhome, Nigel L, jagmanx, Nowego, helmit, Steviebeers, BOTCANU, DocMartin, Herman, ton27, I&MK, chrishunter, Hycon, Bertie the bus, tintrake, Mickrick, rosybee, Pandaman2020, clarkpeacock, Chasn, chancer, Rick, Thistle, Moc, Bilw, BURSTNER BILL, Audre, Di1234, JC55, Florance, AllanD, Penny13, BlueVanMan, feeandal, Rolyan57, salty dogs, AlisonMead, CWH, MikeBBB, Handel10, Yeti, DAVEY, Bazza1509, Tapfitter, Goofer, rugbyken, Robmac, Alun100, Silew, terry ward, Andys, ginfearsdad, TonyB, Sportstar, Lemut, PeterfromBrid, Mark135, SueS, Bounce, T4Lyn, Rob H, walpeter, Moonraker 2, Buckby, yorkshireCPLE, knowledgeseeker, Adriafan, mike w, Kraken, oldpatchwork, anna1976, wints, greg1, Keithhaly, stirlingb, John D, Chip, Sean, V1nny, dunfillin, VandA, adriandp, Nidge, The laird, suneye, Orion, specky4eyes, Mossystone, cairngorm, kensowerby, Tim120, Not Jim, martinmartin, Brockley, Steve and Julie, londontavern, Somerled, kangooroo, 1 Cup, Monitorlizard, cod, paul99, rabW, Andysm, stevealex, IanT, Andylynne, magpus, s4x4c, Postic17, Poacher, caledonia, Victor, pj650, Fifer, Sharon the Cat, mjvw, BarryNo1, jqp, Ivory Pearl, cyclone2, silverweed, BigBlobby, barge1914, Chris356, Lee, DotArnot, BKCharles, bazil, whitecloud, Wrightpm, Mon, elfish, PoppyRose, beenz, mopedracer, AndrewM, Pedalman, defect, BigDave, TillyTurbot, NickNick, Angmax, Cideray, BessieBambi, Bushwirebarb, Nigel18, 1977paul, Nicnaen, Ferris day off, StickyW, Annsman, Greengrass, Dartmoor Punch, Mikekilbride, Luckheart, HDBiker, Peuterey, ladyhamilton, Northumborman, paulsbiz, ozbit, Stuart A, Pete H, panedda, tsi336, Tangerine Dream, freewheel, phillhend, MinniMo, Cliveyn, Waldosgarden, Forcesixwindy, Dethy, ciderboy, davef, AndyJL, Todtod, Dave H, cheese, Moxyman, mblinko, baba, yoke78, Weels, granth, ivanisafish, Sheringham4, Harrytherid, Deek, Matchlock, Jimhunterj4, h3cla, thecroquetkid, scoobydiver, popeye1958, MollsPhot, rhos, Helzie, Alcfire, johnmac185, acweb, horlicks, bazzybabes, topchook, jeffmossy, Peter51, EllieM, colin, sansaw, WingNut, GeordieBoy, arbee, Martin P, Motoroamer, landie50, MJK, Gaza1515, Cooopermanyorks, Mtbcol, Irishroaming, sueb, Ellendale, painter01, Ian744, Nickrock, Jackyboy225, Freddie, Pete Rachel, Dave7284, marchhare, TangoGypsy, Sita, colinm, hank, Zebede, Pete4285, ScarletPimple, QFour, charliechan, WendyD, muttley9050, Gch, ega95jch, HurricaneSmith, Clunegapyears, Coco, John and Janet, Topup, terry111, Costers, Inverawe, KCjjj, JanettaVienetta, UFO, chipie, sdh1412, TonyandJo, Richard Surgey, jp11, Morphology, flav, dunk, Coops1964, wrp, Mocha,