Scandinavia and Baltic States

Lanky66

We’re setting off soon on a three month jaunt around the Baltic. Starting off in Holland, going through Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. Cross over from Helsinki to Talinn and dribble down the Baltic States. Back via Poland, Germany and Holland/ France.
Has anybody done this recently? Any hints and tips gratefully received!

I can advise on things in Sweden and Denmark. What are you interested in? Which route do you choose? Contact me if you are interested.
It is still cold in northern Scandinavia, -25°C at night.

Last edited:
I would be inclined to not holiday in the Baltics at the moment. Not a very relaxed atmosphere there for the foreseeable future.

After 30 years travelling in a Motorhome in UK. Mostly Scotland for hillwalking, we are planning a first trip to continental Europe.
The plan so far is a short trip, tunnel-France-Belgium-Germany-Denmark-Sweden-Norway to Nordcap and back. We have 2 large, lively dogs.

Can anyone advise places to have dog worming done in the far north of Sweden before travel into Norway and same in Belgium before travel back to UK? Also any good wild places to walk dogs on route through Belgium/Germany/Denmark to Malmo via the bridges.

Thanks!

How far north in Sweden do you plan to travel before driving over to Norway? I can check for vets on site.

Attachments

• Important information for anyone bringing a cat or dog into Norway.pdf
    160.3 KB · Views: 86
E45 and then E12?
Nordcap almost always has fog, but you can be lucky. Watch out for the reindeer.

translate with google

Last edited:
How far north in Sweden do you plan to travel before driving over to Norway? I can check for vets on site.
We are thinking of going into Finland from the far north of Sweden then onward to Nordcap

E45 and then E12?
Nordcap almost always has fog, but you can be lucky. Watch out for the reindeer.

May be better a vet further north. Only just getting together route & looking for places to visit and overnight stops in Sweden.

There is a good vet at Vilhelmina which is quite a bit North in Sweden, best to make an appointment , if you go straight there you will be treated as an emergency and charged more. Probably still have the name somewhere if you need it.

May be better a vet further north. Only just getting together route & looking for places to visit and overnight stops in Sweden.
We are leaving last week in August for 9 weeks. Planning to go quick into Sweden then slowly north & then South back thro Norway & if time have a look at Denmark, Germany, Belgium when less busy end of October on way home.

There is a good vet at Vilhelmina which is quite a bit North in Sweden, best to make an appointment , if you go straight there you will be treated as an emergency and charged more. Probably still have the name somewhere if you need it.
Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back