satnav & maps

tony

is it possible to download google maps from pc to a navpal (make) satnav ?
thanks
tony

I think most sat naves work with window and yes you can, some ex perts will be along to help you.

I thought they came with Free LifeTime Updates 🤔

i bought a navpal similar to this one in 2018 because they promised liftime map updates. since 2018 i got one update despite getting on to them.
other then that i have no problem with it.

tony

Sorry Tony, not very well written :rolleyes:

It should read Not unless it runs IOS or Android, in response to the OP.

I thought they came with Free LifeTime Updates 🤔

I've been caught out by that one, lifetime is production lifetime until its superceded by a newer model. Maybe for a year after!

Last edited:
Not come across Navpal before, it looks like a rip-off of Garmin judging by the maps displayed in advert. If so you cannot download google maps onto it. I use MyRouteApp (MRA) software to download routes on to my Garmin, that may work with your Navpal - MRA basic is free so maybe worth a try.

surely that is misleading is it legal ?

tony
My Tomtom truck still gets free updates but I constantly get reminders that it is coming to the end of its lifetime, Maggy's Tomtom Go60 is also coming to the end of its lifetime, the answer from Tomtom is that as new maps are getting bigger the satnav cannot install it, both of these have a 32gb SD card inserted so it doesn't make sense, it is another rip off so I will use a tablet when they stop the free updates

My Tomtom truck still gets free updates but I constantly get reminders that it is coming to the end of its lifetime, Maggy's Tomtom Go60 is also coming to the end of its lifetime, the answer from Tomtom is that as new maps are getting bigger the satnav cannot install it, both of these have a 32gb SD card inserted so it doesn't make sense, it is another rip off so I will use a tablet when they stop the free updates
how would a tablet work. can you secure it while on the move.
tony

Not come across Navpal before, it looks like a rip-off of Garmin judging by the maps displayed in advert. If so you cannot download google maps onto it. I use MyRouteApp (MRA) software to download routes on to my Garmin, that may work with your Navpal - MRA basic is free so maybe worth a try.
Plus one for MRA, I've used it since it's inception and their Navigation app also pretty good and they start work on adding camper van/motorhome weight and dimensions etc. this summer. Lifetime Gold Membership for the app is on sale at the moment. It's still the only navigation app that allows both soft (used to shape a route) and hard used for via points ie announced) waypoints. All the routes you have planned online are saved and are available in the app (you can also plan within the app) and they can also be exported to Garmin and Tom Tom devices and Gold membershio allows you to use the same maps as Garmin or Tom Tom use along with Open Street, Google, Michelin and a few other maps to plan your route.

Regards,
Del

Terry, does this need to be permanently linked to a mifi unit to work ?
No Peter, you can download offline maps with most of android based satnavs so any tablet that has a GPS chip in it (most android tablets have this unlike apple), easy to upgrade and even the paid options are reasonable

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back