Sandwich maker

Goggles

Free Member
Saw a sandwich maker at the Peterborough show today that I presume you use over the gas on the job. Has anyone used one of these and are they any good? 🥪

Yep .. SWMBO has one in MH. Makes great Cheese and Onion Toasties. If I remember rightly she puts the butter on the inside of the Toastie which saves some of the mess. Works very quickly so you do have to watch what you'r doing.

Yes we’ve got one and it is brilliant, really fast and makes delicious toasties, even use it in the house now.

They're great! I've owned a couple over the decades (one was my Mum's and cast iron!) but must have had a clear out at some point and ditched them - shame.
I remember being totally hooked on cheese and onion toasties when I was expecting my first child! Couldn't even stomach looking at one for years afterwards though :raofl:

My last one was very like this...

6bacc6ed56d0a47aa00b9d8db4bc8863--gas-and-electric-grills.jpg

They're great! I've owned a couple over the decades (one was my Mum's and cast iron!) but must have had a clear out at some point and ditched them - shame.
I remember being totally hooked on cheese and onion toasties when I was expecting my first child! Couldn't even stomach looking at one for years afterwards though :raofl:

I still have trouble looking at one.

Saw a sandwich maker at the Peterborough show today that I presume you use over the gas on the job. Has anyone used one of these and are they any good? ��

Last thing I'm thinking about whilst on the job is making a toasty, sounds like an accident waiting to happen

The Double Skillet pan makes reasonable Cheese toasties.

I bought a Sandwich maker 49 years ago. She cost 7/6d and the Vicar said I had to sign a Register.

Google Diablo toaster that’s the round ones I have both a Diablo and the ridge monkey type great for snacks

I purchased an XL Ridgemonkey, only because a friend was telling me how fantastic hers was, but she had the smaller one and wished she had the larger one (don't we all?), but I was disappointed to find that the XL one only has the flat space for making one sandwich at a time. However, it does work well, and I now find that I don't use the grill in the van anymore. Also you don't need to use any type of oil or fat in it, does lovely 'fried' eggs!

Another vote for the Ridgemonkey.

I've used one for years and having lost my original. I recently bought a new one. Wouldn't be without it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back