Roller Team Pegaso 590

Mind you if the bottles are refillable you only really need one 11kg to fill and a calorlite back up just in case.

Mind you if the bottles are refillable you only really need one 11kg to fill and a calorlite back up just in case.
Depends how long you want to stay off grid for in areas without LPG. With 44 litres (56 in our last van) we were never short of gas around the north coast even in winter.

I have just joined and enjoyed reading your review of your Pegaso 590.
My burning question is what is it like to drive? I also like the idea of the auto box and expect it is worth the upgrade cost?

We’ve got the auto box. Handles very nicely. I’ve got knee and leg problems, not having a clutch is a bonus. I always said I never would have an auto, wouldn’t need it. But after driving a Mercedes van round NZ with one I became a convert. Getting older, need to concentrate more, so not having to fiddle with gears and clutches, and no tricky handbrake and clutch manoeuvres on hill starts...it’s a doddle and leaves fading mental capacity to concentrate on traffic and where I’m going. My only gripe about the van is the big drivers side mirror is too low and blocks vision too much...and of course the usual period of teething troubles that all vans seem to come with.

We’ve got the auto box. Handles very nicely. I’ve got knee and leg problems, not having a clutch is a bonus. I always said I never would have an auto, wouldn’t need it. But after driving a Mercedes van round NZ with one I became a convert. Getting older, need to concentrate more, so not having to fiddle with gears and clutches, and no tricky handbrake and clutch manoeuvres on hill starts...it’s a doddle and leaves fading mental capacity to concentrate on traffic and where I’m going. My only gripe about the van is the big drivers side mirror is too low and blocks vision too much...and of course the usual period of teething troubles that all vans seem to come with.
Hope you were not charged for them teething probs

Hope you were not charged for them teething probs
No charge, they are coming over to collect the van in April, do everything, take it to Fiat for their bits as well and bring it back again. Just can’t believe the difference with these guys and Glossop Caravans where everything was just too much trouble.

Many thanks for an excellent thread which has greatly influenced our decision. We have recently rented a 2019 Pegaso 590 for a week touring West coast of Scotland and loved it so much that we have decided to buy a new one. The 2022 spec completes my wish list of “essentials”as standard.
XL entrance door on the Near side
Lights with USB plugs in the bedroom
220 V socket inside the garage
New Truma control & APP for on-board systems, incl. heating
Wi-Fi on board
External gas BBQ point + external shower

The Pegasi 590 is an excellent van, offering a high spec well thought out van at a reasonable price. When we bought ours they only offered one option a carpet, everything else was standard. We did get the dealer to fit a canopy, rear sensors and a directional aerial. Then after using it in winter we added an additional 95ah battery and second 120a solar. Yes like all vans there are things not to our liking, but I still think this van takes some beating.

Hi Folks,

I've been lucky enough to purchase my dream Pegaso 590, as i never got to see the shower/taps being used i did fill the tank and turn them on once home, as it's my first motorhome can anyone tell me if the constant noise of the pump is normal when the tap is turned on, it sounds like people may be woken during the night if a tap/pump was used. Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks,

I've been lucky enough to purchase my dream Pegaso 590, as i never got to see the shower/taps being used i did fill the tank and turn them on once home, as it's my first motorhome can anyone tell me if the constant noise of the pump is normal when the tap is turned on, it sounds like people may be woken during the night if a tap/pump was used. Thanks in advance.
Yes that is normal.

Even I am seriously thinking about one of these, one question.
I've read the reviews, seen the videos.
Is a spare wheel supplied?, if so where is it?

Even I am seriously thinking about one of these, one question.
I've read the reviews, seen the videos.
Is a spare wheel supplied?, if so where is it?
Yes it’s under the van attached to the chassis.
We will be selling ours hopefully next spring.
We have ordered a van conversion.
It’s a fantastic van, we will miss some things about it.
But we wanted something different.
It comes packed with extras, the only hab option was a carpet.
None of the Hymer and other makers trickery.
Mobilvetta do an identical van.

Last edited:

Why are you getting rid of it?

Why are you getting rid of it?
we are finding it a pain if I have to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, climbing over my wife then down a ladder is a pain. Also I quite fancy something that does not look like a Motorhome, hence the van conversion. Also as much as I love driving the van I would like something a foot narrower to drive.

But as I said I will miss many things about this van.
For a 6m van it’s got a large lounge.
We will have had it four years when it goes.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

If you find that does become annoying there is a bit of a mod you could try? Fit an pressurised expansion vessel after the tap and when a tap is opened a little, the water will come out the vessel first and only when the pressure drops a bit more will the pump kick on.
Might be enough to have a quick wash of the hands?
(To flush the loo, lots of people use spray bottles rather than the electric flush anyway, and that is another way to stop the pump coming on).

we are finding it a pain if I have to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, climbing over my wife then down a ladder is a pain. Also I quite fancy something that does not look like a Motorhome, hence the van conversion. Also as much as I love driving the van I would like something a foot narrower to drive.

But as I said I will miss many things about this van.
For a 6m van it’s got a large lounge.
We will have had it four years when it goes.
I can see your point there, there's not much height to leap over the missus {or vice versa} to visit the bog during the night.
Also, looking at the various videos, I thought although the van is short, 5.90mtrs, it looks like a large motorhome.
As I only wild camp, it would stick out like a sore thumb!

That Mobilvetta is twenty grand more expensive than the Pegaso & is doesn't come with a spare wheel or a bike rack, that's extra!

I can see your point there, there's not much height to leap over the missus {or vice versa} to visit the bog during the night.
Also, looking at the various videos, I thought although the van is short, 5.90mtrs, it looks like a large motorhome.
As I only wild camp, it would stick out like a sore thumb!
We do both campsites and WC. Just back from a trip 2 nights WC and two in campsite. When we bought this van we missed little from our first van. But when we get our van conversion we will miss much about the Pegaso. It’s a great van, I would recommend it to anyone.
Yes the Mobivetta is over priced in comparison to the Pegaso.
Don’t let my comments put you of, try and have a look at one.
Then decide.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back