Roller Team Pegaso 590

Fisherman

June 4 2019 we drove down to Catterick to collect our new Motorhome.

I had read about this van in MMM, just before our visit to the caravan and

Motorhome show at the NEC. Before reading this article I had no intention of replacing our Chausson 510, which we had used for three years. But after reading about the new roller team Pegaso 590 and watching some videos on youtube, my mind started thinking I like this and I will have to have a good look when we visit the NEC.

We planned a two day visit staying in a hotel overnight.

On the first day we got inside the Pegaso for the first time and my wife and I were very impressed.

We prefer 6 metre vans, we like the size for driving and parking, and you tend to get better payloads based on a 3.5t chassis.

Well next day after some negotiations we decided to go for it.

We added a 4m canopy, directional aerial, rear parking sensors, and an external tv socket.

I also went for the 150bhp engine with auto transmission.

The only option offered by Roller team was a carpet, which we ordered.

The list of extras that came as standard was one of the things that I liked about this van.

You get 120w solar panel. Bike rack, spare wheel, fiat comfort pack, passenger airbag reversing camera with 7 inch screen, sat nav, and many other things that are not standard from other manufacturers.

The Pegaso 590 is an A class model with a drop down bed over the cab. This means that with the bed down we still have our lounge available. Also its simple and much quicker to set up than the Chausson was, but you have to access it with a small ladder. The thing we like is unlike our Chausson when you bring down the bed you still have your full lounge. The bed is remarkably comfortable. You can also make up a second bed which sleeps two with infill cushions and a small two legged support. There are two seatbelts in the lounge. For aesthetic reasons you can hide the seatbelts behind the cushions until fequired,

The lighting in the van is all led, and it is remarkable with four different switches to set it up as you see fit. We enjoy the floor lighting, on this setting the mirror at the habitation door has a roller team logo which illuminates on this setting.

The kitchen is well thought out with a Thetford oven/grill, three burner hob, 150 litre fridge freezer with bottle drawer. To the side of the fridge there is metal pull out shelving for storage with three shelves. There is a cutlery drawer within a cabinet that houses a long metal shelf and storage area. There are three over head cupboards from the kitchen to the lounge with a fourth in the lounge on the opposite side. There is a pull out tv bracket above the mirror at the hab door.

There is a small storage area above the fridge, the solar panel controller and the Truma inet controller are there.

The van comes with Truman’s 6kw heating with inet.

The heating and hot water works from gas, electricity, or a mixture of both.

The boiler can be controlled using Bluetooth whilst close to the van, or by sms text offsite.

Leather upholstery, the cab seats are not standard fiat, and are more comfortable than the standard fiat seats. We enjoy the view we get from the a class windscreen, it’s fabulous.

The steering wheel is leather covered with controls. Passenger airbag, cab aircon are also standard. I like the fact that the drivers door is on the drivers side, and the hab door is on uk nearside.

The van has a separate shower and toilet. The shower on the Pegaso is larger than what we had in the chausson, and there is more storage in the toilet.

To the rear there is a large cupboard which has drop down shelving and this can be accessed from the toilet also. Next to this there is a clothing cupboard. We can carry a 13kg and a 6kg gas bottle in the gas cupboard. To the front there is a third cupboard which is plastic lined for storing wet items such as boots.

After allowing 80kg driver, full water and diesel tanks, 13kg gas, and a spare wheel we have a payload of 635kg. But for some reason they fitted only a 60 litre diesel tank. A full tank only gives me about 350 miles at 27mpg. The van comes with an internal 100L freshwater tank and an external 100L grey water tank.

I am fitting a second battery to the van, and a second solar panel.

The single battery is ok during summer, but we are finding for winter it’s lacking in power.

We love the van. It’s comfortable, spacious for a 6m van, being Italian it’s stylish inside and out.

We have had comments every time we head out with it.

One couple after being shown around went home and ordered one.

Another couple we met on Arran are seriously considering selling their van conversion and buying one.

It’s got so much going for it, but there are things we don’t like.

1. It comes with only a 60 litre fuel tank. I think this is due to the Pegaso 740 and 745 models only having just over 300kg payloads. They are obviously trying to improve their payloads. But we have over 600kg, they could have fitted a 90 litre tank instead.
  2. The nearside lounge window is rather small and of the sliding type which I am not to keen on.
  3. There is no drain valve for the freshwater tank. You have to dismantle the sofa to get to the tank then remove a plug. Surely a valve would be better.
  4. No central locking on the habitation door.
  5. Only one 12v and usb outputs.
We are taking the van down to Catterick this month to have the habitation door replaced, and the pump has been fitted in such a way that I cannot remove the filter cover for maintenance. Roller team are covering all of my costs and paying for three habitation inspections in compensation. But everything else seems done to a high standard.

Would I recommend this van, well after buying it I am bound to be biased and I admit that I am.

I reckon in its type it represents the best value for money you can buy. Pilote and Inteneo both have similar 6m vans, we looked at them both. The Inteneo lacked the quality, extras, and layout at only a slightly lower price. The Pilote was a good van, but even at the same price I would have still gone for the Pegaso, but it was £6000 more expensive and with less in the way of extras.

The caravan and Motorhome annual awards put the Pegaso 590 second in the A class under £80,000. The van that beat it was a 7.5 M van costing £18000 more at £78,000.

Well my wife and I both retire next year, and we are looking forward to many memorable trips in this new van. We did not use the Chausson in winter, but we are going to use this van throughout the year.

Last edited:
Great review thanks
How about some pictures 👍

here’s a link

4A37C846-9E81-4CDE-9906-1E8028B7F4DB.jpeg

Nice
One question is there a dedicated space for the infill cushions for second bed

Nice

Yes there are, and we used it in the summer down in Norfolk with our grandson. He got the drop down bed and my wife and I slept in the made up bed.
There are four seatbelts and the ones in the lounge can be hidden when not in use. All I would say its a comfortable enough second bed, but its a bit of a pantomime making it up.

Nice

Apologies I may have misunderstood your question.
We store the infill cushions at home when not in use.
Whilst traveling we put them into the shower cubicle.
You can store them in the large cupboard at the back.
But there is no dedicated area to store them

We’ve done the cushion shuffle in the past
And love our fixed rear and over cab bed
But it’s back to cushion shuffle with the new truck 😄👍

We’ve done the cushion shuffle in the past
And love our fixed rear and over cab bed
But it’s back to cushion shuffle with the new truck 😄👍

Honestly, my wife timed me folding down the passenger and driver seats, bringing down the bed and putting the ladder in place took 45 seconds.
And as I stated you still have the full lounge, unless you are setting up the second bed.

That’s a nice practical wee van ticks a lot of boxes and looks good to. Especially like the drivers door on the drivers side where it should be.👍

Sounds daft Wully, drivers door on the drivers side.
Yet its the only a class designed that way.

June 4 2019 we drove down to Catterick to collect our new Motorhome.

I had read about this van in MMM, just before our visit to the caravan and

Motorhome show at the NEC. Before reading this article I had no intention of replacing our Chausson 510, which we had used for three years. But after reading about the new roller team Pegaso 590 and watching some videos on youtube, my mind started thinking I like this and I will have to have a good look when we visit the NEC.

We planned a two day visit staying in a hotel overnight.

On the first day we got inside the Pegaso for the first time and my wife and I were very impressed.

We prefer 6 metre vans, we like the size for driving and parking, and you tend to get better payloads based on a 3.5t chassis.

Well next day after some negotiations we decided to go for it.

We added a 4m canopy, directional aerial, rear parking sensors, and an external tv socket.

I also went for the 150bhp engine with auto transmission.

The only option offered by Roller team was a carpet, which we ordered.

The list of extras that came as standard was one of the things that I liked about this van.

You get 120w solar panel. Bike rack, spare wheel, fiat comfort pack, passenger airbag reversing camera with 7 inch screen, sat nav, and many other things that are not standard from other manufacturers.

The Pegaso 590 is an A class model with a drop down bed over the cab. This means that with the bed down we still have our lounge available. Also its simple and much quicker to set up than the Chausson was, but you have to access it with a small ladder. The thing we like is unlike our Chausson when you bring down the bed you still have your full lounge. The bed is remarkably comfortable. You can also make up a second bed which sleeps two with infill cushions and a small two legged support. There are two seatbelts in the lounge. For aesthetic reasons you can hide the seatbelts behind the cushions until fequired,

The lighting in the van is all led, and it is remarkable with four different switches to set it up as you see fit. We enjoy the floor lighting, on this setting the mirror at the habitation door has a roller team logo which illuminates on this setting.

The kitchen is well thought out with a Thetford oven/grill, three burner hob, 150 litre fridge freezer with bottle drawer. To the side of the fridge there is metal pull out shelving for storage with three shelves. There is a cutlery drawer within a cabinet that houses a long metal shelf and storage area. There are three over head cupboards from the kitchen to the lounge with a fourth in the lounge on the opposite side. There is a pull out tv bracket above the mirror at the hab door.

There is a small storage area above the fridge, the solar panel controller and the Truma inet controller are there.

The van comes with Truman’s 6kw heating with inet.

The heating and hot water works from gas, electricity, or a mixture of both.

The boiler can be controlled using Bluetooth whilst close to the van, or by sms text offsite.

Leather upholstery, the cab seats are not standard fiat, and are more comfortable than the standard fiat seats. We enjoy the view we get from the a class windscreen, it’s fabulous.

The steering wheel is leather covered with controls. Passenger airbag, cab aircon are also standard. I like the fact that the drivers door is on the drivers side, and the hab door is on uk nearside.

The van has a separate shower and toilet. The shower on the Pegaso is larger than what we had in the chausson, and there is more storage in the toilet.

To the rear there is a large cupboard which has drop down shelving and this can be accessed from the toilet also. Next to this there is a clothing cupboard. We can carry a 13kg and a 6kg gas bottle in the gas cupboard. To the front there is a third cupboard which is plastic lined for storing wet items such as boots.

After allowing 80kg driver, full water and diesel tanks, 13kg gas, and a spare wheel we have a payload of 635kg. But for some reason they fitted only a 60 litre diesel tank. A full tank only gives me about 350 miles at 27mpg. The van comes with an internal 100L freshwater tank and an external 100L grey water tank.

I am fitting a second battery to the van, and a second solar panel.

The single battery is ok during summer, but we are finding for winter it’s lacking in power.

We love the van. It’s comfortable, spacious for a 6m van, being Italian it’s stylish inside and out.

We have had comments every time we head out with it.

One couple after being shown around went home and ordered one.

Another couple we met on Arran are seriously considering selling their van conversion and buying one.

It’s got so much going for it, but there are things we don’t like.

1. It comes with only a 60 litre fuel tank. I think this is due to the Pegaso 740 and 745 models only having just over 300kg payloads. They are obviously trying to improve their payloads. But we have over 600kg, they could have fitted a 90 litre tank instead.
  2. The nearside lounge window is rather small and of the sliding type which I am not to keen on.
  3. There is no drain valve for the freshwater tank. You have to dismantle the sofa to get to the tank then remove a plug. Surely a valve would be better.
  4. No central locking on the habitation door.
  5. Only one 12v and usb outputs.
We are taking the van down to Catterick this month to have the habitation door replaced, and the pump has been fitted in such a way that I cannot remove the filter cover for maintenance. Roller team are covering all of my costs and paying for three habitation inspections in compensation. But everything else seems done to a high standard.

Would I recommend this van, well after buying it I am bound to be biased and I admit that I am.

I reckon in its type it represents the best value for money you can buy. Pilote and Inteneo both have similar 6m vans, we looked at them both. The Inteneo lacked the quality, extras, and layout at only a slightly lower price. The Pilote was a good van, but even at the same price I would have still gone for the Pegaso, but it was £6000 more expensive and with less in the way of extras.

The caravan and Motorhome annual awards put the Pegaso 590 second in the A class under £80,000. The van that beat it was a 7.5 M van costing £18000 more at £78,000.

Well my wife and I both retire next year, and we are looking forward to many memorable trips in this new van. We did not use the Chausson in winter, but we are going to use this van throughout the year.

Hi.

This is a great review and very informative - thank you.

This is at the top of my shortlist for a new MH and I am very close to committing. One concern is number of power points internally when hooked up to site electrics (I'm thinking various chargers, laptop, kettle/toaster - we may even get a small microwave for stowing etc) - could you tell me how this has affected your views and having now had the MH for 6 months if you have any other positives/negatives/views and whether you have any concerns on potential problems regarding the debated A class maintenance/servicing issues from engine access etc (our other contender is the Chausson 520).

Many thanks
Regards

There are three sockets one in the kitchen, tv point, and lounge. You could easily install additional points, I am sure your dealer would do this to make a sale. I carry a short extension with 4 outlets but I have not used it.
Any disadvantages the servicing A class are more than outweighed by the space and comfort offered by a class. The views in some locations are enhanced by the larger wind shield. Only drawback the drivers Drop down mirror obscures vision at junctions a bit. But you get used to taking extra care.
my previous motorhome was a chsusson 510. The roller tram is way better. The great advantage being when bringing down your bed you still have your lounge, with the chausson the bed filled the lounge. However the Lowe bed on the chausson was an advantage. But we find the bed on the Pegaso very comfortable.
I got mine last year, yours will have the better fiat engine and gearbox, double floor, extra lower o/s cupboard, double reversing camera,

in my honest opinion the roller team is a better motorhome than the 520 or the new 530 chausson, even though more expensive .
We both love the van.
All the best whatever you decide.

There are three sockets one in the kitchen, tv point, and lounge. You could easily install additional points, I am sure your dealer would do this to make a sale. I carry a short extension with 4 outlets but I have not used it.
Any disadvantages the servicing A class are more than outweighed by the space and comfort offered by a class. The views in some locations are enhanced by the larger wind shield. Only drawback the drivers Drop down mirror obscures vision at junctions a bit. But you get used to taking extra care.
my previous motorhome was a chsusson 510. The roller tram is way better. The great advantage being when bringing down your bed you still have your lounge, with the chausson the bed filled the lounge. However the Lowe bed on the chausson was an advantage. But we find the bed on the Pegaso very comfortable.
I got mine last year, yours will have the better fiat engine and gearbox, double floor, extra lower o/s cupboard, double reversing camera,

in my honest opinion the roller team is a better motorhome than the 520 or the new 530 chausson, even though more expensive .
We both love the van.
All the best whatever you decide.
I think you've just tipped me - thanks for the response.......
Just one final question - was the canopy worth it - I assume yes but trying to work to (my wife's strict!) budget - cheers!
Regards.

I think you've just tipped me - thanks for the response.......
Just one final question - was the canopy worth it - I assume yes but trying to work to (my wife's strict!) budget - cheers!
Regards.

Warly we were told they only tske a 3.5 m canopy. But I did the maths from a photo, and I calculated it could take a 4m. They checked it out and I had a 4 m fiamma canopy fitted. With the large payload of 625kg why not. I tried to pm you with my phone number but can’t do so. So if you wish send yours, and I can give you some more info.

Many thanks for write up,
Now need to source a second hand one.....at the right price...
My better half wants a island bed but this might just swing her over.

Many thanks for write up,
Now need to source a second hand one.....at the right price...
My better half wants a island bed but this might just swing her over.

You will be struggling to find a second hand one.
They only came out last year.
Your only chance would be ex hire.
And the mark downs are not that great.
There is a big demand for this model.
Catterick caravans or any of the other two branches of the leisure world group hire them out.
I would try them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back