Roller Team Pegaso 590

You will be struggling to find a second hand one.
They only came out last year.
Your only chance would be ex hire.
And the mark downs are not that great.
There is a big demand for this model.
Catterick caravans or any of the other two branches of the leisure world group hire them out.
I would try them.
Not in any rush as we are off to Scotland in 2 weeks until end of August... and yes we have booked the odd days on campsites to mix in with wild stuff, just in case.

June 4 2019 we drove down to Catterick to collect our new Motorhome.

I had read about this van in MMM, just before our visit to the caravan and

Motorhome show at the NEC. Before reading this article I had no intention of replacing our Chausson 510, which we had used for three years. But after reading about the new roller team Pegaso 590 and watching some videos on youtube, my mind started thinking I like this and I will have to have a good look when we visit the NEC.

We planned a two day visit staying in a hotel overnight.

On the first day we got inside the Pegaso for the first time and my wife and I were very impressed.

We prefer 6 metre vans, we like the size for driving and parking, and you tend to get better payloads based on a 3.5t chassis.

Well next day after some negotiations we decided to go for it.

We added a 4m canopy, directional aerial, rear parking sensors, and an external tv socket.

I also went for the 150bhp engine with auto transmission.

The only option offered by Roller team was a carpet, which we ordered.

The list of extras that came as standard was one of the things that I liked about this van.

You get 120w solar panel. Bike rack, spare wheel, fiat comfort pack, passenger airbag reversing camera with 7 inch screen, sat nav, and many other things that are not standard from other manufacturers.

The Pegaso 590 is an A class model with a drop down bed over the cab. This means that with the bed down we still have our lounge available. Also its simple and much quicker to set up than the Chausson was, but you have to access it with a small ladder. The thing we like is unlike our Chausson when you bring down the bed you still have your full lounge. The bed is remarkably comfortable. You can also make up a second bed which sleeps two with infill cushions and a small two legged support. There are two seatbelts in the lounge. For aesthetic reasons you can hide the seatbelts behind the cushions until fequired,

The lighting in the van is all led, and it is remarkable with four different switches to set it up as you see fit. We enjoy the floor lighting, on this setting the mirror at the habitation door has a roller team logo which illuminates on this setting.

The kitchen is well thought out with a Thetford oven/grill, three burner hob, 150 litre fridge freezer with bottle drawer. To the side of the fridge there is metal pull out shelving for storage with three shelves. There is a cutlery drawer within a cabinet that houses a long metal shelf and storage area. There are three over head cupboards from the kitchen to the lounge with a fourth in the lounge on the opposite side. There is a pull out tv bracket above the mirror at the hab door.

There is a small storage area above the fridge, the solar panel controller and the Truma inet controller are there.

The van comes with Truman’s 6kw heating with inet.

The heating and hot water works from gas, electricity, or a mixture of both.

The boiler can be controlled using Bluetooth whilst close to the van, or by sms text offsite.

Leather upholstery, the cab seats are not standard fiat, and are more comfortable than the standard fiat seats. We enjoy the view we get from the a class windscreen, it’s fabulous.

The steering wheel is leather covered with controls. Passenger airbag, cab aircon are also standard. I like the fact that the drivers door is on the drivers side, and the hab door is on uk nearside.

The van has a separate shower and toilet. The shower on the Pegaso is larger than what we had in the chausson, and there is more storage in the toilet.

To the rear there is a large cupboard which has drop down shelving and this can be accessed from the toilet also. Next to this there is a clothing cupboard. We can carry a 13kg and a 6kg gas bottle in the gas cupboard. To the front there is a third cupboard which is plastic lined for storing wet items such as boots.

After allowing 80kg driver, full water and diesel tanks, 13kg gas, and a spare wheel we have a payload of 635kg. But for some reason they fitted only a 60 litre diesel tank. A full tank only gives me about 350 miles at 27mpg. The van comes with an internal 100L freshwater tank and an external 100L grey water tank.

I am fitting a second battery to the van, and a second solar panel.

The single battery is ok during summer, but we are finding for winter it’s lacking in power.

We love the van. It’s comfortable, spacious for a 6m van, being Italian it’s stylish inside and out.

We have had comments every time we head out with it.

One couple after being shown around went home and ordered one.

Another couple we met on Arran are seriously considering selling their van conversion and buying one.

It’s got so much going for it, but there are things we don’t like.

1. It comes with only a 60 litre fuel tank. I think this is due to the Pegaso 740 and 745 models only having just over 300kg payloads. They are obviously trying to improve their payloads. But we have over 600kg, they could have fitted a 90 litre tank instead.
  2. The nearside lounge window is rather small and of the sliding type which I am not to keen on.
  3. There is no drain valve for the freshwater tank. You have to dismantle the sofa to get to the tank then remove a plug. Surely a valve would be better.
  4. No central locking on the habitation door.
  5. Only one 12v and usb outputs.
We are taking the van down to Catterick this month to have the habitation door replaced, and the pump has been fitted in such a way that I cannot remove the filter cover for maintenance. Roller team are covering all of my costs and paying for three habitation inspections in compensation. But everything else seems done to a high standard.

Would I recommend this van, well after buying it I am bound to be biased and I admit that I am.

I reckon in its type it represents the best value for money you can buy. Pilote and Inteneo both have similar 6m vans, we looked at them both. The Inteneo lacked the quality, extras, and layout at only a slightly lower price. The Pilote was a good van, but even at the same price I would have still gone for the Pegaso, but it was £6000 more expensive and with less in the way of extras.

The caravan and Motorhome annual awards put the Pegaso 590 second in the A class under £80,000. The van that beat it was a 7.5 M van costing £18000 more at £78,000.

Well my wife and I both retire next year, and we are looking forward to many memorable trips in this new van. We did not use the Chausson in winter, but we are going to use this van throughout the year.

Hi Fisherman,
I have just found this forum and really enjoyed reading your review on the Pegaso 590 a motor we have decided to go for. The space and layout suit us well as does the length and decent payload. I have noticed that the majority advertised have an automatic gearbox but I have noticed a few with manual gears. We have keys driven cars with manual gears, are there any benefits/disadvantages to manual gears in this A class also any tips on where to get this model that is a couple of years old? I would be a bit worried about ex-hires. Thanks in advance for any tips.

The first deliveries only took place 18 months ago, so no 2 year old vans will be available. I doubt if you will be able to buy a second hand one other than an ex hire. Also I don’t think you will save more than £5-7,000 if you were able to.
At catterick caravans it’s their best seller.
Also due to Covid the roller team factory was closed for 4 months.
There is a supply issue with waiting times of 6-9 months for new models I was told.
As for auto I have not driven a manual since 2001, and I prefer auto.
Being an A class made no difference, my last moho was an auto coachbuilt.
The new Fiat 9 speed auto looks like a great improvement, to my 6 speed auto.
all the best in getting one, try for one with a dealer as close as possible.
Its a great moho we love it.

Last edited:
But for some reason they fitted only a 60 litre diesel tank. A full tank only gives me about 350 miles at 27mpg.

We have a T-Line 590 with the same 60 litre fuel tank capacity.

I read from possibly the Roller Team FaceBook group that the capacity is restricted and that the tank has a 90 litre capacity.

The poster said the capacity was restricted by the vent tube, this extended deeper into the fuel tank stopping air escaping, thus limiting the capacity. The remedy was to cut the pipe allowing complete filling of the tank. The only draw back was the fuel gauge shows full until the first 30 litres have been used. This is written into firmware and it is not possible to change it.

I have not carried out the mod myself but it is on my list of jobs to look into as the short range is a pain.

Our van has been up-plated to 3850 Kg so an increase in weight for the extra 30 litres is not an issue.

This link mentions the X250

Last edited:
We have a T-Line 590 with the same 60 litre fuel tank capacity.

I read from possibly the Roller Team FaceBook group that the capacity is restricted and that the tank has a 90 litre capacity.

The poster said the capacity was restricted by the vent tube, this extended deeper into the fuel tank stopping air escaping, thus limiting the capacity. The remedy was to cut the pipe allowing complete filling of the tank. The only draw back was the fuel gauge shows full until the first 30 litres have been used. This is written into firmware and it is not possible to change it.

I have not carried out the mod myself but it is on my list of jobs to look into as the short range is a pain.

Our van has been up-plated to 3850 Kg so an increase in weight for the extra 30 litres is not an issue.

This link mentions the X250

Payload is not an issue on the Pegaso or T line 590 models. But is with the 745 and 750 models. We have 600kg after dealer extras. I reckon they either forgot this, or simply order the same chassis from fiat to keep costs down.

Sounds daft Wully, drivers door on the drivers side.
Yet its the only a class designed that way.
My A class has the driver's door on the passenger side. Much, much better as a door because the steering wheel doesn't get in the way.

My A class has the driver's door on the passenger side. Much, much better as a door because the steering wheel doesn't get in the way.

That may be the case, but we much prefer having the drivers door on the drivers side, and the habitation door on the n/s. Also I have no problems gaining access from either door, but rarely use the drivers door, because the habitation door is on the n/s. The only reason your doors on the passenger side, is because the manufacturer could not be bothered offering an A class with UK spec. Also if it was advantageous to have the door on the passenger side, do you not think that the Europeans would have done so a long time ago. When roller team first designed their A class Pegaso 745 and 750 models they came with the door on the passenger side. But as they are only sold in the UK, and due to demand they swapped over the doors in 2018.

Last edited:
The first deliveries only took place 18 months ago, so no 2 year old vans will be available. I doubt if you will be able to buy a second hand one other than an ex hire. Also I don’t think you will save more than £5-7,000 if you were able to.
At catterick caravans it’s their best seller.
Also due to Covid the roller team factory was closed for 4 months.
There is a supply issue with waiting times of 6-9 months for new models I was told.
As for auto I have not driven a manual since 2001, and I prefer auto.
Being an A class made no difference, my last moho was an auto coachbuilt.
The new Fiat 9 speed auto looks like a great improvement, to my 6 speed auto.
all the best in getting one, try for one with a dealer as close as possible.
Its a great moho we love it.
Thanks for the info, we have a Roller Team dealer fairly close to us so hopefully we will get one in the near future.

That may be the case, but we much prefer having the drivers door on the drivers side, and the habitation door on the n/s. Also I have no problems gaining access from either door, but rarely use the drivers door, because the habitation door is on the n/s. The only reason your doors on the passenger side, is because the manufacturer could not be bothered offering an A class with UK spec. Also if it was advantageous to have the door on the passenger side, do you not think that the Europeans would have done so a long time ago. When roller team first designed their A class Pegaso 745 and 750 models they came with the door on the passenger side. But as they are only sold in the UK, and due to demand they swapped over the doors in 2018.
Yes, it's like that because we're such a tiny market, but the reality of living with it that way round is that I prefer it. I've seen the identical model in LHD layout with the driver's door on the driver's side, and it is way less useful as a door. The other side gets cluttered up with stuff.
Before I bought mine, I'd have chosen the door on the driver's side, given a choice, but experience has shown me I was wrong. I like it better with a clear, usable door at each side.
Generally, the door being on the passenger side is safer for use on the road.
Doesn't really matter which side the rear door is, because you tend not to use it on the road, but you do want a door on either side.

Yes, it's like that because we're such a tiny market, but the reality of living with it that way round is that I prefer it. I've seen the identical model in LHD layout with the driver's door on the driver's side, and it is way less useful as a door. The other side gets cluttered up with stuff.
Before I bought mine, I'd have chosen the door on the driver's side, given a choice, but experience has shown me I was wrong. I like it better with a clear, usable door at each side.
Generally, the door being on the passenger side is safer for use on the road.
Doesn't really matter which side the rear door is, because you tend not to use it on the road, but you do want a door on either side.

In h with all due respect, if the advantages of having a drivers door on the passenger side outweighed having it on the drivers side, I would have thought that the manufacturers would have done this years ago. As I said because our habitation door is on the N/S we hardly ever use the drivers door. My last Motorhome was a chausson with the habitation door on the o/s. We used the passenger door much more often on that because of this. I suspect if your hab door was on the N/S you would use it more often. But it’s all about opinions, and I much prefer a hab door on the n/s than o/s.

Last edited:
Until I had used one, I'd have agreed with you. But experience has changed my opinion.
Manufacturers don't care what works best. They make what sells best. And that means what people think is best.

Worth adding that on our previous motorhome, which had cab doors both sides, hab on the nearside, we never used the front passenger door.
I was dubious about the new door layout but the other features if the van made up for it.
Then I discovered how useful the front passenger door is.
There is a bit more room to use it as a door than on the old van, and it's higher: not designed to be used from a sitting position. It's practical for walking through, which the old one wasn't

Back