Roadside Memorials

• Thread starter Deleted member 2636
  • Start date
As far as I know Baloo, he couldn't realise at all the full significance of his posting towards others who suffered a real loss ( I think he is in reality more like a tender teddy-bear) .So, friends, let him off the pillory; for tomorow it is X-mas after all. Don't be harsh with him, let's forgive and forget, he is not a bad guy after all (maybe a clumsy bear, but aren't we all ?) :)

Is there a single one of us can say we never put our foot in it? I agree with you, Belgian - thanks. The discussions we have on here add to our understanding of life whether we all agree or not.

Hi fellow wild campers been a lurker for a long time and have watched this balo wind you up for so long what is it with you lot ?first he was happybonzo now balo he is just a con artist who loves causing £$%^ .Why was he not banned for good!!.Look hear his other mates agree with him http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=23370&pid=999964&st=0&#entry999964 :mad:
I think it is totally inappropriate posting things like this he would not like it if he had lost a loved one .

Happy christmas to all and i wish you all a good new year.

Hi fellow wild campers been a lurker for a long time and have watched this balo wind you up for so long what is it with you lot ?first he was happybonzo now balo he is just a con artist who loves causing £$%^ .Why was he not banned for good!!.Look hear his other mates agree with him http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=23370&pid=999964&st=0&#entry999964 :mad:
I think it is totally inappropriate posting things like this he would not like it if he had lost a loved one .

HMMM!! In light of this it doesn't look to be the silly off the cuff remark I hoped it was. Grizzly humour indeed. :( :( :(

If you check out the other posts on this topic on there you can see that none of them has actually lost a loved one themselves in a rta. They're welcome to their narrowminded opinions but I hope that one day they don't have to experience it for themselves...then they'll find its a bit different from what they thought.

As for festive greetings, because of the length of the post mortem it was Christmas Eve when our James' funeral took place, so you can imagine (if you're not one of the insensitive dumbells like the lot referred to) that Christmas will never be the same again for any of us. Please please please don't ever think it'll never happen to you. Drive safely this Christmas and try and impress on your loved ones how a moment's lapse can wreck a lot of lives.

I found out to my cost and my advice for what it is worth is that nothing is as it looks and even some of the latter posts in this thread could be ??? (should I say baiting)

Puzzled, where are these latter( baiting )posts?

well all i can say is you would have to be totally sick in the head to mock the dead in what ever way but if there is any doubt about my posts there is a web site where people leave messages to our loved ones who passed away its called gone to soon .co.uk be free to look up my sons his name is lee blenkinsop just type in his name

RAB I'm sorry to hear of your loss and for anyone elses at this time of the year we seem to often get upset by simple things. I have loked at Lee's memorial on the site you posted.
I'm sure Baloo meant no harm, but when we are low anything can cause offence. I'm sure he didn't mean any.
Again I'm sorry for your loss - nothing anyone says will make a great deal of difference I'm afraid but I hope things do get easier for you.
God bless.

Is there a single one of us can say we never put our foot in it? I agree
hymermerc
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2008

Hi fellow wild campers been a lurker for a long time and have watched this balo wind you up for so long what is it with you lot ?first he was happybonzo now balo he is just a con artist who loves causing £$%^ .Why was he not banned for good!!.Look hear his other mates agree with him http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?s...0&#entry999964

sir to call somone a mate you need to have met the said person
i will agree i pay to be a member of sbmcc
i am also a member of this site and two others
not one of the members have i met in person
i usually find most members aggreable and pleasant
but we all walk our own path

as i said on this forum and copied on to the sbmcc forum
i have no opinion on these matters as it has not affected me thankfully
if it did i would like to think if i did place flowers at the site
i would remove the wrappers from them to save spoiling the site
and i would like to think that
i would remove them when they were past their best
obviously distances involved may prove it to be awkward
in some cases
if i have offended you then i offer my apoliges
i have been past sites where nothing has been touched for months
and the flowers in their wrappers are never going to dissapear
leading to unsightly areas

Last edited:
I cannot see why anyone would post it on 2 forum and not realise the hurt he would cause. He not worth talking about. Thats my last word on it.
Happy Christmas.

my sentiments too, no apologies,no reply, or offers of retraction, :mad:

I cannot see why anyone would post it on 2 forum and not realise the hurt he would cause. He not worth talking about. Thats my last word on it.
Happy Christmas.

Totally agree...waste of time even thinking about folk like that. Let's start looking forward to a wild 2009!:)

road side memorials

difficult subject this , our son was killed by a hit and run driver 20 years ago when he was 5 years old, the driver was'nt caught for another 4 days, surprise surprise he was a persistant drink driver, but because of the lapse of time the police were unable to prove he had been drinking, alhtough he had no driving licence no tax no insurance, still i digress, the bottom line is that nothing and no-one can bring our Dan back but our grief has always been a very private thing and we would not want flowers or anything else left in our road where the accident happened, we live in Southend, and put his ashes on the sea, we just put flowers out on the water on his birthday and have a few private tears.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back