Ridgemonkey gas help BBQ point

I can probably get rid of the RM regulator, and use an inline control valve for flame control, but it's all seeming a bit much... I'll see how we get on with cartriges.

Cheers, but I can't see them endorsing any mods whatsoever from a safety point of view.
If that’s the case Steve you may be answering the question.
Gas has to be handled with safety as paramount.
But there may well be a way of doing this safely.

Looks like a great bit of kit.

But there may well be a way of doing this safely.

Looks like a great bit of kit.

Yes, there absolutely would be, but they'll never endorse Joe Bloggs messing around with it.

I thought it looks pretty neat, I'll let you know for sure next summer lol.

I can probably get rid of the RM regulator, and use an inline control valve for flame control,

The fitted regulator controls all the gas devices in your van.
I don't recommend using the fridge; heating; cooker without a regulator in the pipe line.

The only real alternative to lots of EN417s is to get a low pressure gas BBQ (e.g. Cadac) for the MoHo.
Use the ridge monkey when not in MoHo.

Do be careful if you buy another BBQ, a lot of manufacturers (incl Cadac) produce LP versions and HP versions with the same names

Is there nothing on the ridgemonkey connector/reg that gives operating pressure or on an ID plate on the grill itself Steve?

I don’t know what the pipe is like Steve, is it something you can cut to try a bbq adapter then rejoin if it didn’t work? Alternately can you disconnect the hose at Grilla end and connect a suitable pipe to test from bbq point?

Edit: testing outside with gorilla lifted up shouldn’t be a problem with gas heavier than air

I suggest that as it is designed to work using high pressure gas (as posted).... then it will probably not work using motorhome gas at low pressure And may be dangerous
IMO just stump up the cash for the correct gas cylinders
A pain I know as using off a bbq feed would be good.

Would you try tp power a laptop directly from 12v without a 12v to 19v device.

Yes that because it connects to a bottle, the connector has a regulator built in. If someone finds what pressure the gorilla burner works off it may simply need the pipe splitting and adding a bbq adaptor
I think you are wrong.

The Grilla screws directly onto the EN417 bottle. There is no connecting pipe.
The internals of the Grilla function on HP gas.

A BBQ adapter plugs into the BBQ socket on the moho. The BBQ socket is connected to the gas cylinder via the moho regulator and is, therefore, supplying gas at LP.

Are you seriously recommending that the OP dismantles the Grilla internals and modifies them to use LP gas?

Good luck with the insurance claim for the damage resulting from the fire / explosion.

I think you are wrong.

The Grilla screws directly onto the EN417 bottle. There is no connecting pipe.

A BBQ adapter plugs into the BBQ socket on the moho. The BBQ socket is connected to the gas cylinder via the moho regulator and is, therefore, supplying gas at LP.

Are you seriously recommending that the OP dismantles the Grilla internals and modifies them to use LP gas?

Good luck with the insurance claim for the damage resulting from the fire / explosion.
Take a look at the first post you will see there is a pipe comes off the Grilla with a regulator/ connector on the end. Stop being so dramatic!

Steve is quite capable of deciding if my comments are worth a look or not

I'm almost sure it is low pressure after the lump that screws on to the bottle (pictured in OP). I believe that to be a regulator.

@Nabsim , it looks like I could remove the pipe from the outlet of the RM regulator and plumb direct to my BBQ point, via an inline control knob. But I don't know if it's worth it...

I'm almost sure it is low pressure after the lump that screws on to the bottle (pictured in OP). I believe that to be a regulator.

@Nabsim , it looks like I could remove the pipe from the outlet of the RM regulator and plumb direct to my BBQ point, via an inline control knob. But I don't know if it's worth it...

Yeah I'd scrap the whole thing Steve and sell it to me! 😊

Seriously though, I might go for one of these instead to carry on the bike for camping;

If anybody is still looking for one of these, they are available again here;

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back