request advice: sewage

mark12

Warning: this post contains explicit material which you may find offensive.
If so, my apology but you dont have to read it.

I am a new member, hoping to hire a MH for 2 weeks in June. If we do find
wild sites and dont get arrested, the most obvious problem is: where to go
to dump sewage? We will probably want to stay 1 or 2 nights in a regular
campsite, but the websites I have found seem to only list sites that
1: are either expensive or conceal their prices
2: ask you to book in advance for >= 3 nights

Please any advice? Thank you.

Dig a hole away from watercourses & bury it. Dump it in a public toilet but only if you don't use the blue stuff that breaks it down [use bio washing liquid] & try not to get seen.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Dig a hole away from watercourses & bury it. Dump it in a public toilet but only if you don't use the blue stuff that breaks it down [use bio washing liquid] & try not to get seen. Last resort, dump it amongst the nettles well away from footpaths.

Have fun.

Totally ignore that advice I have highlighted. It is a definite NO.

go into the woods or bushes with a small shovel. al fresco pooing is quite pleasant,even in a light drizzle- you are at one with nature

My last job involved visiting many holiday parks around Dorset,I knew I was going to have a similar problem when I hit the road so I spoke to a couple of the managers for advice. They regularly get people stopping in just to use facilities with no intention if staying,most will charge a small fee depending on requirements. These were mainly 5* establishments but I think most would be OK with it,I would ring in advance tho.

Totally ignore that advice I have highlighted. It is a definite NO.

Your cassettes brimming to overflow, you forgot your spade or the ground is like rock, you are miles from public loos, your bladder/bowel is fit to bust. So what are you going to do?

As stated, a last resort may be all that's left. I know of two on this forum who have had to resort to 'drastic' action & no, they weren't happy doing it but they had to do something.
I have yet to reach that stage but if needs must then I am not going risk toilet waste filling the locker or the back of my trousers! Nettles it will be. I use bio so brown sludge water isn't likely to harm the nettles & the insects are going to have a feast. If no nettles, then brambles, ferns, long grass laid over the top etc etc.

Wonder If

I wonder where Anti Motor Home Councils or Campsite owners get there info they could even post here to find the answer.
First thing they mention is where do you dispose of your waste. If they read these posts they'll say 90% do it in the bushes

Just as well that all the other billions of animals on this planet don't get themselves in such a tizz about doing what comes naturally.

It only becomes a problem if you add preservatives or stockpile it.

I love a good poo thread so pee in the toilet **** in a bag lining the toilet bowl and dispose if it in dog poo bins or general waste bins or burn it. Lovely

Last edited:
Local Toilets ( Lots around usually near Car Parks )
Marina's .. ( Just Ask they can only say NO )
Motorway Services ( Just walk in whistling )
Garages ( Again ask )

Supermarkets would be a good bet but you may need to put it in a plain box or even one of those wheelie bags then no one will notice.

Last edited:
You could always empty the cassette into a black bin bag, then hang it on a hedge by any footpath!!!

campervanannie still has two of the badges she was awarded in the Girl Guides,

did not know it burnt ,could save for xmas nothing like a log fire.

in many places its burnt in the waste incinerators along with other rubbish .
water is removed etc then its burnt or gasification burnt . (not in a flame type burn).
then it is used to provide energy .
hot water or electricity.
not really alot of use to the wild camper but interesting .

Depends on the type of campsite you are looking at the dump. There are many CLs/CSs which usually can be from £5-10 no more and of course the pub stop overs,so you needn't spend a whacking amount to stay. If desperate the salesman's motto was don't pass the chance of a toilet break. In the past I have peed in a bag containing gelling cat litter and sealing it and dumping it in a suitable waste disposal, number 2s can always be taken in a supermarket or pub. Also you could have a spare cassette tank.

I was speaking to a farmer yesterday while using his cl that travellers invaded his site a few years back and used the hedges for doing it all in as they don't use their toilets onboard.
What a mess they left he said, filled a skip with the rubbish they left behind. And the poo.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back