Replacement bed slats

I have a few bed slats that are split and the the end fittings are also broken and the previous owner screwed them in place! So as a full-timer I think it's important to get the bed right, after all we've spent a small fortune on electrics etc. ;)
So my questions are:
1). Can any suggest a good place to buy replacements?
2). Would I be better off removing all the slats and using one solid piece of ply?
As usual any help and advice is very much appreciated (y)

Regards,
Del
Got some from IKEA casualty corner for 2 quid for a full bed worth. Replaced the flat ones and kept the rest for spares.

The first night seemed fine, I'll give it a couple more to help make a decision :)

Regards,
Del
So five nights in and it all seems good so I will be using plywood to make a base and then I'll cut some holes in it, although I keep looking at the Froli system and may still go for that :unsure:

Regards,
Del

So five nights in and it all seems good so I will be using plywood to make a base and then I'll cut some holes in it, although I keep looking at the Froli system and may still go for that :unsure:

Regards,
Del
Frail system is costly but I've never heard a bad word against it del
think I would go for it but our single beds are ultra comfy in the van just now

I have a few bed slats that are split and the the end fittings are also broken and the previous owner screwed them in place! So as a full-timer I think it's important to get the bed right, after all we've spent a small fortune on electrics etc. ;)
So my questions are:
1). Can any suggest a good place to buy replacements?
2). Would I be better off removing all the slats and using one solid piece of ply?
As usual any help and advice is very much appreciated (y)

Regards,
Del
Hi,
I'm a new member so here goes. I recently sold a king sized IKEA bed for £35. The frame and 2 sets of slats after 10 yrs were fine. It occurs to me that you could buy spare slats from IKEA, if you know your dimensions. They are pine, bowed & specific to task. Good luck.
Best wishes, Gordon.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back