Remoska cooker??

Talbot

Can anyone recommend these electric cookers? Are they worth the money?

Simple answer yes ! Roasts meat superbly...one of the best things I have ever bought , only uses 400 watts of electric cooking times same as a normal oven any difference not worth worrying about . I have the standard , genuine remoska there are cheaper copies I can’t comment on ...overall I am a big fan

If you do get talked into it this link seems the best price available around £70 less than Amazon and looking at their adds they also come with euro plug

Last edited:
Yes they are good, I have the small one and can cook all sorts of things otherwise not possible on the simple 2 burner hob. And other things that are, but just easier, cleaner and more efficient. Even as simple as baked potatoes, a full english breakfast, or a FrayBentos pie (a guilty treat), bake bread, scones and cakes. But so many more things too, I'm quite good at rustling up something a bit gourmet with mine, though it does take a bit of practice to get things timed, there is something refreshing about using such a simple device, just one setting, that can run off a 7A hookup or even a small generator.

Yes they are over-priced. Originally developed for impoverished east europeans living in e.g shared flats. I'd say that £25 would be a reasonable price. But they have become a cult item. I do have a little use for it at home, but it is great in the camper, and was a gift, so I'm not complaining, I like it very much.

Last edited:
This video is impressive. Cooked two whole chickens in less than an hour.

I have to admit Tezza I bought mine specifically for the camper, but it quickly found its way into my kitchen in the flat ! I find at Xmas worth it’s weight in gold , does the most amazing roast vegetables .

The trickiest experiment was Yorkshire puddings because the heat needed and it heats in the lid only ...the answer heat with a camping hob from below and let the lid do its work and you get perfect results.

If I were to buy one again and I would perhaps go for the extra space in the grand version.

Remoska/ Coleman petrol stove there is very little you can’t do used together. Add an old ammo box see mr iceman you have a smoker and tandoor oven

Which would you have for 2 people for everyday use if you could only have one
If we could only have one for at home then it would be the Grand even though we use the standard remoska more, the only reason I say that is the Grand would always give you more cooking space, for the van I would say the standard, we love to roast root vegetables in ours and with the standard one that would be more than big enough, meat cooked outside on the cadac and we can cook for four

We two have been very happy with our small one, and it has greatly increased the variety of cooking that we can do inside the van instead of just two saucepans on the hob. We also have a Cadac Safari Chef for outdoor living, which gets a lot of use, not just for barbecues. The bigger one would be nice, but is also physically quite a lot bigger, and we have limited cupboard space. As it is we can cook almost anything with it, in modest amounts. A couple of chicken quarters on a base of roast vegetables, or a small one spatchcocked, Fish (caught by me) with oven chips, a small roast beef or lamb joint, a rabbit, a pheasant, a hare even, venison, rose veal on the bone when it is in season, almost anything. And baking stuff, even just warming up croissants. Keeps the juices in the pan to make gravy with, (or "jus" as cheffy types call it) to finish off on the hob, the heat comes down from the lid. So versatile. If you like cooking, try one. It's a bit different from say a modern fan oven but well worth the learning curve. Definitely recommended by me, either one will do for two, the "grande" definitely more capacity, but for just two to feed we haven't found the small one to be too small.

I've got a Total Chef Czech Cooker that i got from Amazon warehouse (reduced as packaging was damaged).
Basically the same as a Remoska but cheaper, the pan is 1 litre larger than the std remoska. It also has an adjustable thermostat which the Remoska doesn't. And a glass panel so you can see without opening.
I think it's better than the grand remoska that i no longer use as it's too large for the van.

It's interesting because these things are really very basic devices. I think that Lakeland bought the Remoska business, doubtless at rock bottom price, and turned them into a sort of cult thing, with frankly ludicrous prices.

I do think that they could be very dangerous, particularly with small children around, the lids do get very hot and have to be carefully handled, that's just how they work, as with pots and pans. I can manage that. And keep an eye on what's going on through the glass window on mine.

I like my one, it's good to know that there are alternatives available, made in China, and I'll look into that if I ever need another one, but I don't see that being needed any time soon, very little to go wrong with mine, I hope. Tefal used to make one which seemed superior in many ways, but that is long discontinued. Nearly bought one, wish I had.

But if it did fail I would certainly buy another such thing.

Last edited:
I have one, brand new in the box bought before Christmas and it will be going back to Lakeland for a refund when I get round to it (they have a 3 year return policy).
I didn't appreciate just how awkward a thing it would be to store when not in use with the massive handle!
I would consider using it at home but I can't see it being that much different to a Halogen Oven in how it works (and already have one of those to burn food with).

I have to admit Tezza I bought mine specifically for the camper, but it quickly found its way into my kitchen in the flat ! I find at Xmas worth it’s weight in gold , does the most amazing roast vegetables .

The trickiest experiment was Yorkshire puddings because the heat needed and it heats in the lid only ...the answer heat with a camping hob from below and let the lid do its work and you get perfect results.

If I were to buy one again and I would perhaps go for the extra space in the grand version.

Remoska/ Coleman petrol stove there is very little you can’t do used together. Add an old ammo box see mr iceman you have a smoker and tandoor oven
I have two one of each size , smaller one in the van and the grande at home , they are great, mine are both the older style which I bought from e bay for about £40 each but I didn’t know you could put the base on the hob , I emailed Lakeland to ask and they said no but maybe they were being over cautious so my question is have you used it one the hob whilst using top heat as well or just used the hob to preheat . There’s not much you cannot cook in a remoska I use mine most days at home and every day when in the van .

Like others, we wouldn't be without ours. We are now on our third (they used to give a lifetime guarantee but have now limited that, although our first and second were both replaced when they went wrong after several years, so keep the receipt). You can do almost anything in them - including bake cakes, make bread and roast a joint and they use very little power and so are ideal for use on campsites. We have a very decent motorhome but the oven is crap so the Remoska is worth its weight in gold.

Here there called a pressure cooker or slow cooker,i bought one for gas so can use at home or away.
I could pree do a meal and take with me for when i arrive some where,mine is a small handy unit.

Here there called a pressure cooker or slow cooker,i bought one for gas so can use at home or away.
I could pree do a meal and take with me for when i arrive some where,mine is a small handy unit.
Nothing like a pressure cooker or a slow cooker Trev, we carry all three but they all work differently, the nearest equivalent is a Halogen Cooker but only because the heat is in the lid, standard Remoska is only 400W so uses very little power but like the halogen it cooks quicker than a normal oven, we would buy another straight away if ours broke

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back