Remoska cooker??

I've resisted the Remoska, but then I have a decent oven and a Ridge Monkey for snacks.

Do they have a timer on them?

I have two one of each size , smaller one in the van and the grande at home , they are great, mine are both the older style which I bought from e bay for about £40 each but I didn’t know you could put the base on the hob , I emailed Lakeland to ask and they said no but maybe they were being over cautious so my question is have you used it one the hob whilst using top heat as well or just used the hob to preheat . There’s not much you cannot cook in a remoska I use mine most days at home and every day when in the van .
Both ligh flame at the bottom remoska top on to get the heat from below and above critical with yorkies lol

Both ligh flame at the bottom remoska top on to get the heat from below and above critical with yorkies lol

Now that's a trick I never thought of. But would be concerned about the lid over heating if both running at the same time. The base is just a rather thin aluminium pot with basic non-stick coating, sure I use it on the hob to e.g. finish off the gravy, but I have much better ones too where I don't have worry too much about melting them or burning the basic non-stick. It is what it is, and very good at that. But I might give it a try.

I have a small "batterie de cuisine" for the van which all stacks nicely together, including a pressure cooker (must have), mostly Tefal Ingenio, but at home I have different stuff, mostly solid copper or cast iron, with some good stainless steel stuff, gas and induction for me at home And a very decent fan oven. Oh, and an Aga that was in the house already, but that is also very different and only turned on in the winter or for special occasions. It is an energy monster. The remoska does have it's place in the setup and is altogether very good. I would never have bought one myself, being a bit sniffy about such things, but a relative gifted it to me, she knows a bit about these things, It was a great birthday present, and I have completely changed my views since owning it and learning it's ways. Along with the Cadac, which I chose for myself.

The remoska doesn't get used at home much except for practice, but that's just me, I would not feel in hardship with just two burners plus one, perhaps I should use it more.

Now we could digress onto decent knives, about which I have some opinionated views also, basically you get what you pay for, but also need to know a little bit about how to look after them. Most just don't care or even understand, but are thankful to me when I visit and can't resist sharpening them up again for them.

Last edited:
I also love good quality sharp knives, as long as I can keep them away from Maggy 😈😈😈😈

I also love good quality sharp knives, as long as I can keep them away from Maggy 😈😈😈😈
I bought some in lidles last year, think they were a couple of quid each including the plastic sheaths. Brilliant ,

including a pressure cooker (must have), mostly Tefal Ingenio,
Agree the Pressure Cooker is a must have for us. Also SWMBO has the Tefal Ingenio pan set, the ones with the clip on off handle so it stacks nicely.

Most just don't care or even understand, but are thankful to me when I visit and can't resist sharpening them up again for them.

I keep telling the wife their best kept sharp so I sharpen them for her - she keeps cutting herself and blames me for sharpening them 😂😂😂

We have remoska too. Great when on EHU and have a double skillet for when not. We dont have an oven. oh and have a Cadac.

We use ours with the inverter, the inverter we use now is a 1600W pure sine wave but it ran happily on our older 600W

Thanks Terry.

I was just talking to Rae and I said that I thought a 600w would do the job. I think I'm gonna order one, I can use it in the van, on the boat and at home as well as it's just the 2 of us.

Might bring the old leccy bill down a bit.

Having now received our Remoska (standard size), Julie suggested that we give it a trial run tonight. I immediately demanded pork.

After an hour of watching and waiting, she presented me with a veritable landscape of dead pig on a platter along with sort of fried/baked potatoes and onions. This included chops, ribs and belly pork slices.

I have to say, I was very impressed. The meat was succulent with crispy crackling and cooked to perfection. The potatoes and onions were really tasty and perfectly caramelised. We were worried at one stage that it was going to be a disappointment as a fair bit of liquid was building up and the food seemed to be poaching rather than cooking, but after tipping the liquid out and saving for gravy proper cooking continue, Something we will now know to look out for earlier in future but easy to check through the window in the lid.

We are very pleased with our purchase, Julie couldn't partake as she is a vegetarian but she can cook some of her nonsense another time.

As a sign of reverence to the recently departed herd of raw bacon, I belched contentedly. I'm sure they would have approved.

Hi bought a Remoska 12 months ago bit unsure thought another gadget that will end up under a cupboard. but no it is brilliant still not used it to its full potential, but a lot easier and cheaper than using the oven just bung everything in switch it on and smell the cooking mmm :p:p

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back