Really ???

This is just a Cheese sandwich to have in a tea break !
20210104_102740.jpg

With all the rules about what we cannot take in perhaps we should just stop buying EU products. Other countries will be along shortly with similar products. We will of course have to stop buying Fiat and Mercedes based MHs ;)

The BBC also carried this story this morning - You have been warned !!!

Dezi :mad:

It does seem incredible, doesn't it?

We've been joking about it in here, then find some jobsworth takes the letter of the law to the absolute extreme :(

It could be a set up, of course?
Like the woman the other day who was supposedly fined for sitting on a bench.

Some of the sensationalist stories need to be taken with a big pinch of salt until they're verified.

Stories like this wind folk up, which is the last thing any of us need just now.
But that's journalism for you. The more sensational and outrageous the better they like it :(

A pinch of salt on a ham sandwich is good
And mustard (English of course)
AND no Cannabis in the cafes !... can you bring "Dutch Coffee" back to UK
Are "Verified Sandwiches" OK then

They do check ...My son had some foodstuff in his hand luggage when flying from Thailand and stopped in France, it was removed. I suppose there aren't many places where one would come direct into the EU by ferry or train. On a plane you would have to eat the sandwich etc before disembarking. Had to do that when going to Australia as far as I remember. The mad thing is with UK that a lot of the produce came from EU in the first place. It's just that we now come under "third country" rules.

It’s very important to avoid importing foodstuffs between countries to prevent what can be devastating infestations. I’ve seen huge areas of forest devastated by an imported fungus in Tennessee. At US airports they have sniffer dogs checking that arriving passengers are not carrying food. Because the UK can now import food from wherever it chooses it is inevitable that the EU will seek to protect itself.

It is a bit ridiculous the butty story but if we read about food products being checked by EU officials at the Turkey border would we have the same attitude, UK is now the equivalent

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back