Really ???

We do like to start off with British bacon,eating the thin stuff that the French, and most of Europe sell as bacon gets a bit boring.
We do fill the fridge up with other food to start us off for first few days,but it's bacon that we would miss not being able to take.

We do like to start off with British bacon,eating the thin stuff that the French, and most of Europe sell as bacon gets a bit boring.
We do fill the fridge up with other food to start us off for first few days,but it's bacon that we would miss not being able to take.

I find the same with sausages.

Foreign sausages have their place, but you can't beat a proper English banger!

My thoughts are, when you go through customs they usually ask the standard questions like, do you have any firearms, sharp knives etc. Now in a motorhome we all have a drawer full of knives but they don't seem to be bothered with that. So will it be the same if you have a fridge full of food??? Just a thought.

Once picked up this stuff in a French supermarket 6 tins to be correct :sick:, thought it was like Heinz porky sausage and beanso_O
pork.jpg

I love Cassoulet but some of the meat in the tinned stuff is on the rough side, must be camel meat, and not the nice tender toe bit. :p

Make my own in pressure cooker now, or dutch oven if parked up for a bit. Looks more the part, taste much the same.

if you ask at the deli counter , they'll slice poitrine , streaky , as thick as you like . and any Epicerie will sell broken orange pekoe tea , which is more or less typhoo or pg tips . huile de bergamot is earl grey

Reactions: REC
I love Cassoulet but some of the meat in the tinned stuff is on the rough side, must be camel meat, and not the nice tender toe bit. :p

Make my own in pressure cooker now, or dutch oven if parked up for a bit. Looks more the part, taste much the same.

Must dig out my Dutch oven, great bit of kit.

Rough that was an under statement l, was still chewing 3 days later😉 would try some homemade stuff , just did not realise half a pig was squeezed into the tin along with the trotters, oversized beans looked like rabbit droppings in a odd sauce.

Must dig out my Dutch oven, great bit of kit.
Yes, something very therapeutic about preparing a meal in a dutch oven. I think it's probably to do with the drinking around a fire while waiting for dinner.
Although use a little firebox these days, not same as a proper fire but ok.

Well, I say "these days", probably more accurate to say those days :cry:

Yes, something very therapeutic about preparing a meal in a dutch oven. I think it's probably to do with the drinking around a fire while waiting for dinner.
Although use a little firebox these days, not same as a proper fire but ok.

Well, I say "these days", probably more accurate to say those days :cry:

Yeah I've got various Honeycomb stoves, Woodgas stoves, Rocket stoves, Hobo stoves Mark. I just can't resist them.

Rocket stove and a Kirtley kettle are a great combination though, especially if you want enough hot water for a shower.

though the 50 bottles is adequate for us our wine stocks are minimal after 9 months stuck at home down to our last twenty bottles of each or one weekend away with lee & wully

• Funny
Reactions: REC
Print your own labels and stick them on the stuff, how on heavens earth will they know a french sausage form an English one, dont wright waterloo sausage as that may be a givaway. 😂 put napolion on it.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is terrible news.
I used to wrap up some spliff in tin foil and hide it in the air cleaner filter box when crossing to France.
Now it looks like I will be doing the same with our bacon rations :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back