Reality check

Where do you get your Idolised tubing from?

;) ;)

Usually EBay. 15mm square works well. I put the panel on the roof and marked round it with pencil. The tubes were cut to size with holes drilled along one side to act as a key for Sikaflex, small spacers with double sided tape fixed to the ends of the tube were made. Sikaflex applied along the tube and stuck in place. Bead of Sikaflex down either side when tubes when set. Panels drilled down the edge. Inner supports had Sikaflex applied to top surface. Put panels in place and drilled into tube then poprivets down the edges. All done from a ladder. Smaller panels much easier to handle and no bulky corner brackets to fit. Panels are considerably lighter than standard panels. Semi flexible from Photonic Univers and Victron Controller. Panels are wired in parrallel 2 x 50 2 x 50 2 x 80 and then in series so 48v @ 7A

Usually EBay. 15mm square works well. I put the panel on the roof and marked round it with pencil. The tubes were cut to size with holes drilled along one side to act as a key for Sikaflex, small spacers with double sided tape fixed to the ends of the tube were made. Sikaflex applied along the tube and stuck in place. Bead of Sikaflex down either side when tubes when set. Panels drilled down the edge. Inner supports had Sikaflex applied to top surface. Put panels in place and drilled into tube then poprivets down the edges. All done from a ladder. Smaller panels much easier to handle and no bulky corner brackets to fit. Panels are considerably lighter than standard panels. Semi flexible from Photonic Univers and Victron Controller. Panels are wired in parrallel 2 x 50 2 x 50 2 x 80 and then in series so 48v @ 7A
Senior moment here, pray what is idolised tubing please?

Gold plated solar panels 😂 I fitted my own. I used semi flexible ones and kept them clear of the roof with 15mm square idolised tube glued down on a bed of Sikaflex about 1mm thick so there is an airgap underneath. Panels are pop riveted to the tubes on the outer edges and glued to the inner supports. I uses a Dometic CFX3 25 which is a small compressor top loading fridge / freezer. In freeze mode it happily stays at -18C. Certainly think £2500 for solar is a trifle steep

😬View attachment 129032

You just have to have a clean roof 🙂
You left a bit :D

I’ll work for £49 (y)
Hell yes, my last hourly rate was £7.50 and I thought that was good for just driving a van around all day 5 days a week., now they want mega money to do as little as possible, I was brought up to think I had to make my employer money or why would I have a job at all.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back