Read this and weep

• Thread starter Deleted member 34243
  • Start date
There are no excuses for any of the above behaviour and it sickens us.
Just wondering if maybe a lot of the motorhome and campervan users are hired rather than owned.
If so I guess that the folk who hire them have zero idea of general curtesy of wild camping nor give a dam so long as they get there two weeks away as after that nothing will bother them anyway.
They seem to think that they've paid a lot of coin to hire the motorhome so now they don't need to pay for anything else.
Somehow the hire companies should explain the situation and the do's and don'ts when hiring out their vans.. Now obviously some wont listen but maybe there are some self respecting folk that will..
If they are hired and from Scotland it’s possible their hirer may belong to CAMPA (CAMPA.org.uk) the Campervan and Motorhome Professional Association, in any event if you are not happy and don’t feel able to confront them then pass on complaints to CAMPA and/or the hire company marked on the van. It may make them try harder to educate/control their customers if they start getting a lot of complaints. In NZ such complaints can lead to hire being terminated without refund, and in extreme cases deportation. They have some of the best provisions in the world and also their enforcement the biggest teeth.

Glencoe now only taking pre-booked vans due to abuse of their Covid rules, (and also not getting any donations).

Shame the majority have spoiled it for the few again, but well done Glencoe resort we fully understand.

FB quote :

"Please note that with immediate affect only tents and campervans pre-booked into our camp site will be allowed to stay overnight.

We had to make the difficult decision when we re-opened to only have 50% of our own lodges and camping available to ensure toilets and showers could cope with demand and social distancing could be easily maintained.

Having an unlimited number of wild campers and campervans turning up to the large ski centre car park each night that aren't always using our contact tracing app but are using our facilities makes no sense and risks the safety of our guests and future of the whole site.

We have consistently asked campervans not booked with us to stay away from the site during the coronavirus crises, or at a minimum be completely self contained and avoid using our facilities. Unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Thanks for your understanding. Can you please help spread the word.

Andy"

There are few things I dislike more than 'tight' folks...

Sadly there seem to be more and more of them out there...
I always try to pay my way... And try to see folks right.

Dropped £10 in the RNLI box at Pwllheli when we'd used the showers and loos (lady on desk insisted we didn't need to)
Put £20 in a local community councils box in the back of beyond after a friendly tow, out of a ditch after being forced off the road by another camper)
At very least collect any litter and try to make some positive contribution to wherever I am....

Yet still regularly see blatant exhibitions of people just thinking of themselves....

Maybe things would be far far better in the wild camping world if everyone considered what 'they' can offer RATHER what I can 'get'.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back