Question

This is what I carry and there’s a video on YouTube showing it being used.
No powder to cake up, no mess from the extinguishing agent, and way more reliable, for just £25.

IMG_1717.jpeg

Last edited:
This is what I carry and there’s a video on YouTube showing it being used.
No powder to cake up, no mess from the extinguishing agent, and way more reliable, for just £25.

View attachment 121373
This explains why you shouldn't use a powder extinguisher in your motorhome

A fire blanket is essential for cooking fires as neither a wet or powder extinguisher is suitable for cooking oil :unsure:

Regards,
Del

The Staysafe and Fire Safety Stick are the type I would go for. Versatile, simple to use and store.
Be very aware of the limitations of any extinguisher.

This explains why you shouldn't use a powder extinguisher in your motorhome

A fire blanket is essential for cooking fires as neither a wet or powder extinguisher is suitable for cooking oil :unsure:

Regards,
Del
Correct, but as I have already said its important not to move the pan for thirty minutes after the fire has been extinguished.

Fire needs three things to keep going.
Fuel, heat and what the blanket removes oxygen.
But the heat and the fuel remain, remove the blanket or move the pan too quickly and you reintroduce the oxygen, with tragic consequences.
I have seen people badly burnt, and kitchens destroyed due to moving a pan too soon.

Last edited:
When I had a contract for my workshop fire extinguishers to be serviced, the guy would check the pressure gauge and the flexy hose and nozzle, then turn it upside down and listen for the powder to be running down. All being OK he would sign it off and charge a good deal of money.
If you can hear the powder flowing when inverted and the pressure gauge shows correct pressure I would be pretty sure it will work regardless of age.

I am out of the van! I do have a powder extinguisher and it is in date, but unless it is a fire small enough to deal with in seconds, I am gone!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back