Pub stop mis-use

Any one coming here please dont do pub stops,big fights chairs out windows police called heads cracked and drunks dancing on car roofs,also lucky to get a out of date burger from a m/wave,not for me.
Pubs here are for hardened boozers/drunks and paramilitery types with one side or the other in control, and not places of family entertainment,down south is a better bet as kids can be allowed in and more family friendly.

Last edited:
I'm reading this as you sleep in a pub car park, but don't use the pub - forgive me if that's not correct, but if it is I've said my piece about how people doing this are ruining it for everyone else and I can't blame the landlords.

If someone chooses to stop at a pub for a meal and a few beers it makes them neither an alcoholic or a pisshead. And it's also irrelevant to this discussion as they are contributing to the business that has been kind enough to provide them with a parking space for the night.

I don't have a britstop book, so no idea if the ones I have been speaking to are in there. One was on the POI's here, and the others I've just been looking on google maps.
some of the pubs, we have stopped at, have been very nice, food good and no problems. we that is the wife and i, will be doing it again, to others hard luck, ok.pj.

I said
'A lot might depend on whe you plan to arrive - a pub car park has no real value after 10pm until 10 am the next day so ought to be free"

I've had some flak so here's what I was getting at:
Landowners do have a right to charge and we have a choice about paying.
My point is that they don't charge during the day and I would always ask permission before staying but would definitely think twice if asked for a specific fee.
sorry back in your cage, p.s. i use them, i do what is expected, we dine were pos. ok.pj. stay safe. may-be pub car park. please not to miserable. dip your bread inn,

I would hardly say that forking out over £30 (inc postage) for the book makes you a free loader.
As for the sticker, I know where I would like to stick that.
dont be a bum, usss your own,it hurts when pulled off.and you get sticky fingers, i expect the price is right. p.s. only once, you will no what i mean, ok.pj.

So as I don't buy or subscribe to Brit Stops but phone in advance and introduce myself and ask permission to stay on a pub carpark and Always buy drinks ( please note the plural) and food if I arrive early enough I'm still to be classed as a Freeloader?.
We always phone in advance and ask permission to stay if for any reason that was declined we would reply thanks very much ad find somewhere else. No probs and no animosity. We regularly come across people i.e motorhomers who brag that they have spent 3 weeks away and never paid for a site or bought a meal at a pub etc as they can carry everything that they need.
Next time you go out count how many so called stealth vans you see with chimneys sticking out of their roofs.
On googling motorhome hire I found a few Scottish motorhome hire companies advertising that they supplied details of Free Wildcamping spots including pubs etc, o what Impression does this give the hirer who probably thought that he or she was getting a cheap holiday?
Sorry peeps I've had Motorhomes and camper vans for the last 40 years and I'm passionate about my chosen pastime. I'll get off my soap box and crawl back into my corner. I'm not a Freeloader never have been and never will be if I stay any where for free I always use local businesses etc.
well done, me im the same, keep going stay free, from ch-19 keep well. ok.pj.

the highlands 500 route is fantastic,we got to inverness and then headed up the right hand side of the black isle to head uo to durnock,across a long levy bridge over a loch entrance,,then it just gets better,,,when all this gets back to some sort of normality,make plans and go,,you,l remember it forever,,hopeing to go when ive built my new stealth camper,,,eventually,,,still in the drawing state in my head,,got to sell the vw t4 first

Being an alcoholic (reformed) I have not yet stopped at Pubs :)
Although one I tried to stop at in Lancashire that was on POI said they did not take campers and when I drove past it they had a BIG closed gate anyway

Maybe development of a POI for pubs only or Friendly Pubs with some indication of them being £ (cheap) ££ (moderate) £££ (bloody expensive) would help @POI Admin ??
looks like you hit a nerve,1£ 2££ 3£££ help i need some money help, ok ok ok.pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back