Pub chains that serve food - which one?

Rhubarb and Liqourice Cheese ......Pork,Filey Crab all yorkshire goodies a good restaurant will prepare local produce for the economics someone else outlined, not to mention lowering carbon footprint.....It is as easy for a pub as well I know I run one
Channa

Wetherspoons every time for us!

If we going somewhere new we will always look to see if the place has a spoons, they cant be beaten:cool1:

Oh dear, so my Gourmet Burger from Wetherspoons isn't the real thing:raofl::raofl:

Get the Wetherspoons app on your phone and you'll never go hungry, but gourmet, definitely not. My heart sank the other day, while driving around Caen I saw a "Brakes Depot" and thought that is the end of France's reputation for fine cuisine.

The main reason for the pictures is for the staff to identify the ingredients especially the vegetables.
I was in a supermarket once and two orange ladies with perfect nails,mobile and hair,were overheard " Oh my God is that what chicken looks like" when spying a whole chicken!

Sorry no!
In the cases I refer to the staff were totally aware of the range of produce including some very exotic which no local supermarket would carry..
The photos were to ensure consistency of presentation to the pattern laid down by the chef while, initially, we worked from hand drawings until the chef was finally satisfied.

I confess I installed the Wetherspoons app last time we visited. Their curries are as good as any other pub chain and good value.

We have a couple of these Linky near us (note those going to the Hereford Rowing Club meet in May, the Booth Hall is in Hereford centre).

Before Christmas my Mother ate from the £2 menu & got a big dish full of chilli con carne with chips & rice. We had a Cumberland ring in a big Yorkshire with mash or chips, peas & gravy for £4. I'm often tempted to have 2 of the £2 dishes. A couple of times I've had a £6 lasagne & couldn't finish it, nice salad too.

Crown Carveries every time - food excellent, and plenty of it News and offers at Crown Carveries at the moment you can download a voucher 2 courses for 4.99 - but one course used to be under £4 weekdays, and I never had room for a pudding (and I love my sweets). Its more expensive at the weekend, around 7.95 I think.

My granddaughter wanted to buy us a meal as a Christmas present, so I said the cheapest way, but good, would be going there.

I confess I installed the Wetherspoons app last time we visited. Their curries are as good as any other pub chain and good value.

We have a couple of these Linky near us (note those going to the Hereford Rowing Club meet in May, the Booth Hall is in Hereford centre).

Before Christmas my Mother ate from the £2 menu & got a big dish full of chilli con carne with chips & rice. We had a Cumberland ring in a big Yorkshire with mash or chips, peas & gravy for £4. I'm often tempted to have 2 of the £2 dishes. A couple of times I've had a £6 lasagne & couldn't finish it, nice salad too.

I can recomend the Booth Hall the food is terrific value for money as Sharon has said it's a 2 4 6 8 pub and they are £s.
For £8 you get a steak the size of a plate. drinks are normal price though.

Web site Welcome - The Number Works Pub Company

Brains brewery run a good chain in Wales, Pontygwyndy inn is a 2 for 1 and takes motorhomes for free.

We called into a chef and brewer and were pleasantly surprised by the interesting menu ,quite reasonable standard of food , choice of real ales and friendly staff. Would use one again

Tend to look out for Crown Carveries - was £3.69 for a carvery last time I went. 3 good slices of meat (choice of gammon, beef, turkey) and help yourself to as much veg, gravy, sauces etc as you want. Always at least 5 different vegetables to please everyone.

I usually visit McDonalds at least once a week when away, if only to use the Wifi. Must be a balanced diet, they bung a slice of lettuce and a bit of tomato in the chickenburgers. Don't like their skinny chips though.

Wetherspoons isn't bad, cheap 'n cheerful.

Like many have said, at some you can get a meal for one for £4.99 or £5.99 including a pint of beer/lager or a soft drink/coffee.

Weatherspoons is one. They have different offers each day - steak day, curry day, fish Friday etc. Hard to beat, even if buying from superstore and cooking yourself.

Weekends can be more, but even so there are deals going.
Sorry not having this . You can't cook a better meal than wetherspoons ? Of course you can

Sorry not having this . You can't cook a better meal than wetherspoons ? Of course you can

I think what is suggested is that you couldn't cook a steak, with trimmings and a pint for the price. Besides do you always want to be doing it all yourself?

Firefox is not saying that, he's just pointing out the value for money in the spoons.

Last week in Abergavenny spoons I had curry, rice and A nan bread £2.99 and from a choice of 6 different curries.
It was very nice.

I had an e mail from Crown Carveries today,:new meal deal for £4.60 two course soup and main or main and sweet, will be having some of that when I get rid of the man flu I currently have,no voucher needed just turn up.

Yates are doing a loyalty card for six pounds,three pounds for students, once you have the card you can buy a meal for £3,99 several choices and a pint for £2.other drinks available good portions on the food and you can buy as many meals as there are people in your party with the card great for a lunch if you wife drags you screaming to town.

when I get rid of the man flu I currently have,no voucher needed just turn up.

That's funny, Jan and I are enjoying a bout of Unisex flu as well. Must be something in the Hampshire air!
John

Well don't send it east. We've had enough hassle coming from the south west recently;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back