Portsmouth clean air zone

I bloody hope not, the Bradford one is crackers, shaped like knob too, as a resident I applied for an exemption and I had to state how often I would drive in it per year, I said 12 and I drive in every so often just for the hell of it but it is getting more difficult, bloody road works are killing the place and most of it looks to going pedestrians only.
I live near Bradford as well, Low Moor at the moment, and just miss the CAZ. It's all a nonsense IMO, just in the interests of control and money making.

Diesel cars of the same age would be included.
Our car is diesel and exempt everywhere I think.

Yup it is.

1719996258262.png

Look how big our zone is too, taking the wee for sure.

1719996040991.png

Our car is diesel and exempt everywhere I think.
But how old is your diesel car? My 2006 petrol car is exempt, diesel motorhome the same age not. The authorities would be more wary of diesels that were involved in the scandal of testing clean but on the road being quite polluting! It's not whether its a car or motorhome but the standards of the engine manufacture at the time.

Last edited:
But how old is your diesel car? My 2006 car is exempt, motorhome the same age not. The authorities would be more wary of diesels that were involved in the scandal of testing clean but on the road being quite polluting! It's not whether its a car or motorhome but the standards of the engine manufacture at the time.
It's a 2016 Fiesta 1.5 diesel.

My motorhome is also not exempt, I just have it registered locally so I can use it in the zone, I'm also a blue badge holder and as such I can drive it into the Scottish zones it was for 36 months, I may have around 24 left but I can renew at the end or if I change vehicles.

I got scammed out of £100 in my uplated Euro V Crafter ( PHGV) in the Portsmouth zone if I had left it at 3500kg (PLG) there would have been no charge, same van same emmisions but discriminated against for being honest and driving a road legal motor caravan rather than an oh so common overweight one!

Back