Plonkton

Strome ferry , yes ferry. Pic that callum took when the Achnasheen road was closed as bad as the rest and be thankful road.
20200923_182952.jpg

Roddy MacKenzie, Callum MacKenzie, John Doe, Bruce Fewell ( Deceased) Heather "The Hat" Lenny, Liam Neusom, Graham Waugh (buried Saturday past) Jack Foubister, Johnnie Bogles {extra in the original wickerman which was partly filmed in Plockton}😁
don't forget charlie cabbage and charlie whiffie !

Roddy MacKenzie, Callum MacKenzie, John Doe, Bruce Fewell ( Deceased) Heather "The Hat" Lenny, Liam Neusom, Graham Waugh (buried Saturday past) Jack Foubister, Johnnie Bogles {extra in the original wickerman which was partly filmed in Plockton}😁
I was thinking "Plonktonoians" ? :unsure: :devilish:

Never realised that Sam.

Even though I have been to Plockton many times and seen the film many times more!

Some great pictures , my in laws at the time back mid 80s lived in lochcarron , the names Scotia mentioned aren’t familiar bar one a Terry Doe was gamekeeper on the estate so perhaps related to John .?

I do have a confession I would move up that way in a jiffy, caravan me and my dog

Some great pictures , my in laws at the time back mid 80s lived in lochcarron , the names Scotia mentioned aren’t familiar bar one a Terry Doe was gamekeeper on the estate so perhaps related to John .?

I do have a confession I would move up that way in a jiffy, caravan me and my dog

Me too Andrew.

When we took the kids and grandkids up there a couple of years ago, they all wanted to move to Applecross. The school needs kids so would have been beneficial to the area.

The reality is though that it would be a great place for the likes of you and me in retirement, but for young families, employment prospects aren't great and Julie wanted to keep in closer touch with the rest of the family, let alone the need to tend our youngest son's grave. We did consider jointly buying some land and placing statics for holiday lets, but just a pipe dream really.

Tucked away nicely in car park corner. Wife spent a few quid in the wee gift shop On the corner buying cups and stuff and the wee woman who seemed to be the local sheriff told me to tuck in the corner of car park for the night while we had a meal at the hotel. Love Plockton
1D3A6C56-F7F5-4D51-AC74-AFC727BC31FF.jpeg
510A5A22-53D4-4246-8C48-81918ABD8C3C.jpeg

That's taken from the wee island, the lassie ( forgotten her name) that has the Haven guest house pointed me in that direction last year stating to ignore the signs.
Tucked away nicely in car park corner. Wife spent a few quid in the wee gift shop On the corner buying cups and stuff and the wee woman who seemed to be the local sheriff told me to tuck in the corner of car park for the night while we had a meal at the hotel. Love Plockton View attachment 86887View attachment 86888
Looking at you looking at me. Pic taken from the opposite direction.
20190723_165337.jpg

A wee montage that Christina had made for my 50th, by a young local artist she is known as Mckenna the daughter of Artist Peter Mckenna. Plockton bay and Kenny McFarlane's house. She wanted a boat included so one was added. Pic of actual boat she included. Not a bad restoration i may add.😁
20200924_082306.jpg
20190723_152551.jpg

Another couple but not mine, cant remember where they came from.
Right off for diesel and heading for Plockton, get yer van Wully i have the beer. 😂
20200908_205438.jpg
20200908_205603.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back