Plonkton

Mobilvetta

Anyone visited Plockton recently, wonder what options are available for parking a 7.5 metre motorhome for a few hours, while we have a look round and grab a bite to eat. Also what is the road like from the main A87 getting to Plockton. Thanks.

Head down to the shore, carpark on the right hand side park at the top end.

If you can't get a space, back up the road a mile there is a clearing in the trees left hand side big enough for 3 mhs. Not a bad walk if the road is quiet, bit of a slog going back though.

Thanks everyone visited today, but it has been awful weather so we didn't venture far. Only stayed an hour, fortunately we have been before but that was by boat.

Given the Typo....

What do they call residents of Plonkton...answers on a postcard.

Also Frankfurt, HeidelbUrg, Chipping SODbury, Haringey, Deal, Ham, Bakewell, Cork. Dingle, Bath,

Given the Typo....

What do they call residents of Plonkton...answers on a postcard.

Also Frankfurt, HeidelbUrg, Chipping SODbury, Haringey, Deal, Ham, Bakewell, Cork. Dingle, Bath,
Roddy MacKenzie, Callum MacKenzie, John Doe, Bruce Fewell ( Deceased) Heather "The Hat" Lenny, Liam Neusom, Graham Waugh (buried Saturday past) Jack Foubister, Johnnie Bogles {extra in the original wickerman which was partly filmed in Plockton}😁

Last edited:
Looked up Plockton this is there parking ...
Early arrival maybe ...
FD3F2B0B-DA76-4C30-9DB1-0445EB91C6BE.png
CD237A14-FD4D-4262-8C58-D9AAB97A41D5.png

Where do you park ?
You can park down beside the pier beside the Station masters house but if you want to overnight you can park at the forest walks car park further up the hill. Make sure you get the train times right so you can get back to Stromeferry.

I think Strome hotel is a ruin sure it went on fire so probably there if its not been rebuilt.

You can park down beside the pier beside the Station masters house but if you want to overnight you can park at the forest walks car park further up the hill. Make sure you get the train times right so you can get back to Stromeferry.
Sorry to ask another question why wouldn’t you day park at Plockton ?

I think Strome hotel is a ruin sure it went on fire so probably there if its not been rebuilt.
Aye it’s a ruin. Not worth rebuilding as not a lot of passing trade. It’s hay day was when the train terminated at Stromeferry but when the line was extended to Kyle it died a death hence the fire🤫

Aye it’s a ruin. Not worth rebuilding as not a lot of passing trade. It’s hay day was when the train terminated at Stromeferry but when the line was extended to Kyle it died a death hence the fire🤫
My mate (who was buried Saturday past ) was the last to run it along with his partner Helen, there used to be dances/bands held there on a regular basis. I know Callum who had the house at the bend on the drop down to the hotel. We frequented the hotel when staying with friends at Achmore several moons ago.

May i add he was only leasing the place it was not in his ownership, I think it was also a warmer dryer place to live through the winter rather than the caravan in the forest along the back road to Plockton.😁

May i add he was only leasing the place it was not in his ownership, I think it was also a warmer dryer place to live through the winter rather than the caravan in the forest along the back road to Plockton.😁
It apparently was a thriving place in its day. Boarded up and surrounded by Herras fencing now. I’ve stayed at the Station Masters House a few times when mountain biking in the area.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back