Please see and sign the petition below re Wild Camping.

• Thread starter Deleted member 53247
  • Start date
Let me tell you a story, I'll keep the facts short and will not elaborate even if someone asks.
A landowner I know had had 'paying guests' on his land for a couple of weeks, at the end of this period he asked them to leave, they refused, he asked the police to intervene, they refused saying it was a civil matter, he went to court and got a judgement, the bailiffs turned up to evict the 'guests', they threatened the bailiffs who then declined to carry out the order, police where contacted again, but with only word of mouth and the bailiffs refusing to comment they declined to take it further, in the end the land owner had to pay the 'guests' to leave.
At least under the new law the landowner could claim 'distress', and have got them moved as it would be a criminal case.
The bailiffs were at fault for not calling the police when threatened, I have to say the bailiffs I used to use would have just come back with a JCB and several more of their larger colleagues.

Absolutely no regret.

The Bill is aimed at 'travellers', the public do not associate the behaviour of some members of the travelling community with wildcamping motorhomers, that is a very weak argument.

The Bill is worded in a manner that is completely open to interpretation. "significant damage, disruption or distress", please give me an example of an activity that falls into this category that is not already covered by existing criminal law and if you can please add why you think the activity can be justified as an imprisonable offence?
I agree with you…..my regret was signing first on the wave of other motorhomers panicking before reading it for myself that’s all. I almost hate myself for being a sheep/lemming, will try. much harder in future 🤣 I have to add though I frequently experience anti motorhome behaviour even if it’s just parking next to us in an empty area at 6am and slamming every door of their 15 door car and talking and laughing loudly, the Mr Angry’s, NIMBY’s and self appointed council/Police types do not need any excuse to back up their beliefs because I can guarantee they won’t see the relevant part you have highlighted

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back