Pitlochry.

Wooie1958

14 gypo caravans have just arrived en masse at CU Pitlochry 2.

They,ve now set up, generators running, kids running everywhere and bloody dogs barking like mad.

I'll let you know tomorrow what happens overnight :sad:

I dont endorse what happened to the travellers who decided to set up in a park in Salford but it certainly worked, they were on there bikes the very next day,if you dont know what happened according to the Manchester Evening news the travellers were visited by a small group of locals who told the in no uncertain terms to leave or else ,when they ignored this advice true to the recent nickname of gunchester ,later that night there vehicles were peppered with real life bullets.Terrible way to go about things especially as there were kids sleepin in caravans next to the vehicles.

CU 2 is the town centre next to council office? We've stayed on CU1 next to the water but road was blocked off in the summer due to some sort of building/road work.

On our way back down from Inverness, intended stopping at Pitlochry on our way. Thanks for the heads up.

It's such a shame when this sort of thing happens isn't it,,,The trouble is if people see a Livaboard van / Motorhome in the areas now, we all get 'Tarred with the same brush' don't we,,,,Very difficult to overcome. Be safe the pair of you

Does anyone know if there are 'Favorite' haunts that are used by 'Traveler's / Gypsy or whatever the Current PC term that should be now used is ?. Specifically in Scotland & Wales over the winter months (Say Oct to April) as this is my favorite time of year and intended wandering time.
It would just be good to have the heads up.

Maybe this should have it's own thread sorry !.

On our way back down from Inverness, intended stopping at Pitlochry on our way. Thanks for the heads up.

Just checked back in my calendar and it was the beginning of May so likely that the work has been completed?? Can Wooie check, perhaps?

Last edited:
We try to avoid any urban stops completely. When we were at Pitlochry in May we had a very peaceful stopover at CR Linn of Tummel, just a couple of miles from the town.

We're intending to park in the Pitclochry car park in the evening in a couple of weeks (but we're not staying there overnight) as we have tickets for the Enchanted Forest. Hope they're gone by then.

Earlier this year we found a nice quiet place just outside Pitlochry and close to CR Linn of Tummel at 56.714193, -3.774909 by Clunie power station.. These coords mark the entrance to the power station. Go through the arch and down the lane. Follow the lane round to the Clunie 2.jpgClunie.jpgright just before the power station gate and into the car park. some hard standing and lots of grass. Very quiet. Right alongside the Tummel. You can see it on google but no street view of the car park

Earlier this year we found a nice quiet place just outside Pitlochry and close to CR Linn of Tummel at 56.714193, -3.774909 by Clunie power station.. These coords mark the entrance to the power station. Go through the arch and down the lane. Follow the lane round to the View attachment 46498View attachment 46499right just before the power station gate and into the car park. some hard standing and lots of grass. Very quiet. Right alongside the Tummel. You can see it on google but no street view of the car park

When in Pitlochry i park behind the bank which is opposite tesco, just dont block any goods entrances in case anyone wants in overnight although i never saw anyone when i was there, only prob is your by the railway line, no passenger trains overnight but one or two Stobart/Tesco freight trains, i have parked up there about 8 times over the years both on way up and back from distillery visits,,,,

Earlier this year we found a nice quiet place just outside Pitlochry and close to CR Linn of Tummel at 56.714193, -3.774909 by Clunie power station.. These coords mark the entrance to the power station. Go through the arch and down the lane. Follow the lane round to the View attachment 46498View attachment 46499right just before the power station gate and into the car park. some hard standing and lots of grass. Very quiet. Right alongside the Tummel. You can see it on google but no street view of the car park

Thanks for this suggestion - a great find! I've added it to the Wild Camp POIs :D

Just checked back in my calendar and it was the beginning of May so likely that the work has been completed?? Can Wooie check, perhaps?

If it was the road up to the fish ladder the work was still ongoing a couple of weeks ago when we were there. There is still pedestrian access to the ladder but no vehicles.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back