Phew, it’s hot, I need a fan.....

shops and tesco has small dash usb ones ,think mine was a few bucks,silent almost,they are colour red black blue or gold.
tesco fans.png

Went into Poundland this morning and bought a usb fan £2 :) the same sort of fan that Marie and Trevor put up.
Think thats where i bought mine being a cheap skate.
They do the trick and for little money,i keep mine on the dash as its sooooo hot with the big w/screen.

Think thats where i bought mine being a cheap skate.
They do the trick and for little money,i keep mine on the dash as its sooooo hot with the big w/screen.

Trev I bought one out of interest to see what they were like.

I have a fan going behind the freezer in the garage because its already 31c in there with the front and back garage doors open. 🥵

Last edited:
I have one in the van like Trev has posted, if you have it close it gives some relief but no good at cooling the van mine uses around 0.4amps. My Eberspacher setup has the option of circulating cooling air and that’s okay at floor level but doesn’t cool the van in this weather, that uses around 2 to 2.5amps.
You really need large volumes of air moving to get decent cooling, you used to be able to get 300mm and I think 500mm computer fans for case modding. They should be low power and will move more air.
better to find shade outside 👍

One thing is you are not circulating cool air but merly removing body vapour,there is however a ice cooling fan which i have seen in budget shops which does bring the temp down but there about 25/40 bucks,has any one else seen these.

One thing is you are not circulating cool air but merly removing body vapour,there is however a ice cooling fan which i have seen in budget shops which does bring the temp down but there about 25/40 bucks,has any one else seen these.
I have seen these but not used them, seen mixed reviews so don’t know what’s good or not. Some work with just water where others need ice. That would add cooling rather than just moving air

Yes I have one with a motorised wet curtain you can also use ice inside and a remote control. No I don't use it, I don't find it that good. :(

Last edited:
These are brilliant. I bought one a year ago, and recently bought a second, because the first was so good. The new one has a remote control. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087Q1MGNM
So, the new fan arrived today, so far, very impressed. At the moment it’s running at one side of the room while we eat on the other side and it’s blowing a nice cooling breeze. I doubt we’ll have it on anything but the lowest setting in the van.

Have you used these in the van or only at home? Just wondering how effective in the van. We have a similar looking thing but mains powered we use for the dogs in a house. Can they be used while on charge?
We used ours in the van last night, it kept us nice and cool all through the night, and yes, it will run whilst it’s on charge too.
It’s pretty quiet. We had it on setting 2 which means it will run for about 9 hours using the battery. It takes about 4 hours to fully charge it.

We used ours in the van last night, it kept us nice and cool all through the night, and yes, it will run whilst it’s on charge too.
It’s pretty quiet. We had it on setting 2 which means it will run for about 9 hours using the battery. It takes about 4 hours to fully charge it.
I had no quilt again and all three roof lights fully open. Cools a bit around 4 though but not enough to bother getting a cover. May look at one 👍

Have you used these in the van or only at home? Just wondering how effective in the van. We have a similar looking thing but mains powered we use for the dogs in a house. Can they be used while on charge?
Both. Used it in the van and at home. It was running on low all last night by the side of the bed. In the van it stands on the bed. You have to cover the blue LEDs with something to get darkness.
It does work on or off charge, but it lasts over 20 hours on a single charge, so it gets charged when my phone isn't being charged.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back