Petition - Stop increases in road tax for motorhomes.

Done.

I'm another one in favour of getting rid of the excise duty & putting a FEW! pence on fuel, after all people that drive high performance cars will have no choice but to pay their way.

Might not be so good for people like me who pay £165 phgv tax but I won't be driving it that far so it shouldn't be much of a difference.

I'll do a quick check on 10p a litre for road tax.
If I do 5000 miles at 6 miles per litre (840 litres) then the road tax would be about £84, so they'll probably add more than 20p a litre if they go that route!

Phill

Last edited by a moderator:
Done.

I'm another one in favour of getting rid of the excise duty & putting a FEW! pence on fuel, after all people that drive high performance cars will have no choice but to pay their way.

Might not be so good for people like me who pay £165 phgv tax but I won't be driving it that far so it shouldn't be much of a difference.

If I do 5000 miles at 6 miles per litre (840 litres) then the road tax would be about £84, so they'll probably add more than 20p a litre if they go that route!

Phill

Yes but the boy racers and co sales men along with white van man should make a good top up,low road users like pensioners will save on road duty,and rightly so.

Yes but the boy racers and co sales men along with white van man should make a good top up,low road users like pensioners will save on road duty,and rightly so.

How much would an HGV have to pay? It would be passed on to the consumer,probably raise inflation to boot

Done.

Phill

People already pay this through fuel duty which is near 70% of the cost of fuel.

Done.

Phill

I’m also in favour of this as it means foreign drivers visiting the UK contribute more for using UK toll free roads.

But with the shift to electric and hybrid vehicles unlikely to happen.

I’m also in favour of this as it means foreign drivers visiting the UK contribute more for using UK toll free roads.

Just hold to see what happens once everyone is using electric transport,do you really think it will always be free,yo ho.:wave:

Most foreign trucks have double fuel tanks and don't buy fuel in the UK, just as I did in Europe, only buying where fuel was cheapest. We should insist that all foreign commercials buy a Carnet for each day they intend to be in the UK, just as they do in other European countries, with fines and confiscation for non compliance.

Most foreign trucks have double fuel tanks and don't buy fuel in the UK, just as I did in Europe, only buying where fuel was cheapest. We should insist that all foreign commercials buy a Carnet for each day they intend to be in the UK, just as they do in other European countries, with fines and confiscation for non compliance.

Easy to have there tanks dipped to show almost empty so they must fuel here,or as you say a one of fee at port.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back