Petition Against NC 500 Campers

The local Lib Dem MP does not appear to like us. Link

What a completely blinkered kn*b! :cry:

I would like to see the evidence of motorhomes being responsible for ruining Highland roads.
Seems extremely unscientific. Highly emotive and irrational, imho.

How to make friends and influence people - not!

A sad person indeed. Reflecting the views of the constituents he represents?

I suppose he, and they, would be a lot happier if we rebuilt Hadrian's Wall and prevented anyone in a motorised vehicle from crossing the border into Scotland at all. :mad:

He gets my vote as tw@ of the year, as per another thread we don't carry disposable barbeques, nor do we crap on the side of the road, we have cooking facilities onboard, and also a toilet, two things which car drivers don't.

Extremely heavy campervan damaging the roads. So we are accused of sh*tting on the beaches, emptying our toilets on the roadside, leave rubbish all over the countryside, but this fellow has decided our 3.5 tonne vehicles are the cause of all the damage to their, not very well maintained roads.
I can't see Ms Sturgeon will pay much heed to a LibDem Westminster MP somehow with a few signatures on a petition.

What a completely blinkered kn*b! :cry:

I would like to see the evidence of motorhomes being responsible for ruining Highland roads.
Seems extremely unscientific. Highly emotive and irrational, imho.

How to make friends and influence people - not!

A sad person indeed. Reflecting the views of the constituents he represents?

I suppose he, and they, would be a lot happier if we rebuilt Hadrian's Wall and prevented anyone in a motorised vehicle from crossing the border into Scotland at all. :mad:
I quite like the idea of the wall being rebuilt, with motorhome overnight parking at all the forts.
If Nicola gets her way it'll be needed I suppose.

Don,t forget that only a small minority of people see any benefit from tourists to the majority they are just a hinderance to their normal life. Here in Cornwall most people would be glad if we never saw any even the English who have second homes here have a dislike of visitors pubs an restraunts busy with them making it hard to find a seat Many places we now have to pay to visit that once was free Lands End to name one

Don't confuse the gross weight of a vehicle with the pressure that is applied to the ground by the tyres. I'm often told I'm too fat for the ground conditions by those that don't understand.

Rather busy right now but I will be emailing this clown and pointing out a few facts of life to this ignoramus.
Quite frankly it beggars belief that this moron is an MP his lack of basic understanding of the situation is breathtaking in the extreme.

The only good thing is if Sturgeon ever gets to read this pile of tosh, she will put into her file named bin.

But sadly this is the kind of thing I have been banging on about on here.
Idiots like this can come out with drivel like this and be listened to, and apart from individuals telling him about the birds and the bees,
We have no organisation to counter this.

I will post my reply to him on here.

Don,t forget that only a small minority of people see any benefit from tourists to the majority they are just a hinderance to their normal life. Here in Cornwall most people would be glad if we never saw any even the English who have second homes here have a dislike of visitors pubs an restraunts busy with them making it hard to find a seat Many places we now have to pay to visit that once was free Lands End to name one

Well that's because, unfortunately, you live in an attractive part of the world.

I guess if Cornwall cut itself off from the world it would survive fine, then?
Maybe we can resurrect Hadrian's army for you and build a wall to keep the marauding foreign hordes out? 😁 🤣:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then it would be just Cornish residents plus all those many holiday properties that would stand empty with no occupants contributing to the daily local economy.

Second homers. They can afford to dislike visitors because they don't need them to make money and can be as nimby as they like.

Land's End has charged an entry fee for donkey's years. Are you maybe talking 18th century?! 🤔 😉 😘 😂
'Tis no worse than the hundred's of other touristy places around the UK that charge a fee for entry to their so-called 'attractions'.

Well that's because, unfortunately, you live in an attractive part of the world.

I guess if Cornwall cut itself off from the world it would survive fine, then?
Maybe we can resurrect Hadrian's army for you and build a wall to keep the marauding foreign hordes out? 😁 🤣:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then it would be just Cornish residents plus all those many holiday properties that would stand empty with no occupants contributing to the daily local economy.

Second homers. They can afford to dislike visitors because they don't need them to make money and can be as nimby as they like.

Land's End has charged an entry fee for donkey's years. Are you maybe talking 18th century?! 🤔 😉 😘 😂
'Tis no worse than the hundred's of other touristy places around the UK that charge a fee for entry to their so-called 'attractions'.
Hey up. I can remember Lands End being enclosed and I'm not that old 😜
I think Cornwall was just being used as an example in that post.
Having said that there have always been a lot of folk here who dislike the emmets...

Don't confuse the gross weight of a vehicle with the pressure that is applied to the ground by the tyres. I'm often told I'm too fat for the ground conditions by those that don't understand.
I don't understand. Don't want to 'hi jack' this thread but would be interested if you started a new one.

Oh no not another moaner jumping on the recent bandwagon having a dig at responsible motorhomers.I agree with another reply on here .Its the heavy good vehicles breaking up the Roads (not having a go a you Mr Laird) Especially the logging wagons who I have had constant experience battling with when touring Scotland..They dont give way,they dont stop and come straight at you down the single track fragile roads.This MP should be aware of this if he lives in Scotland Highlands and grew up there.And again I feel its not the Motorhomes leaving faeces and rubbish etc on the side of these roads.Its tent campers but the worst one responsible will be the Day Trippers in cars WITH NO facilities i/e an onboard Toilet.Who is banning Daytrippers nobody.The NC500 has brought great much needed income to the area and its not just Motorhomers and Campervans it has attracted.This MP Is a complete idiot in my book.

Here’s another one doing the rounds.

So they suspend the advertising for the NC500.Does this twat think that will stop visitors to Scotland. If Krankie gets her way (not happening)we will probably need a visa and a passport to visit Scotland anyway.Is that really what the businesses in Scotland want whose livelihoods depend on tourism want.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back