Petition Against NC 500 Campers

Perhaps this is what happens when you Brexit? 😂😉🙃

Sets a leading example to all those who want to entrench themselves in their locality and keep everybody else away.

Licence to build a few Berlin-type Walls maybe? :unsure:😜🤣🤣🤣

So they suspend the advertising for the NC500.Does this twat think that will stop visitors to Scotland. If Krankie gets her way (not happening)we will probably need a visa and a passport to visit Scotland anyway.Is that really what the businesses in Scotland want whose livelihoods depend on tourism want.
The blessing in that petition is a good proportion of the people that have signed it have commented that advertising the 500 without the infrastructure in place was the actual problem

Perhaps this is what happens when you Brexit? 😂😉🙃

Sets a leading example to all those who want to entrench themselves in their locality and keep everybody else away.

Licence to build a few Berlin-type Walls maybe? :unsure:😜🤣🤣🤣
Hope that if they do build walls they will be better than the one Trump had built to stop the hordes from the south invading.......some of it blew down. :D

Don't confuse the gross weight of a vehicle with the pressure that is applied to the ground by the tyres. I'm often told I'm too fat for the ground conditions by those that don't understand.
FWIW, I posted the maths to a shower of anti-4x4 cyclists over on a cycling forum many years ago. The pressure on the road (in psi) and hence the likelihood of damage, is given by the mass of vehicle and occupants (in pounds) divided by the total contact area (in square inches) between the tyres and the road. Although bicycles are very light, an average road bicycle has a miniscule contact area and so the pressure exerted on the road by a typical 'roadie' cyclist is considerably greater than that exerted by a full-sized 4x4! FWIW, as a rough approximation, the tyre pressure also gives a rough estimate of pressure on the road. So a typical 'roadie' (~100 to 120 psi) will exert more pressure on the road than any motorhome I know of, and even MTBs typically run with tyres inflated to over 50 psi...

FWIW, I posted the maths to a shower of anti-4x4 cyclists over on a cycling forum many years ago. The pressure on the road (in psi) and hence the likelihood of damage, is given by the mass of vehicle and occupants (in pounds) divided by the total contact area (in square inches) between the tyres and the road. Although bicycles are very light, an average road bicycle has a miniscule contact area and so the pressure exerted on the road by a typical 'roadie' cyclist is considerably greater than that exerted by a full-sized 4x4! FWIW, as a rough approximation, the tyre pressure also gives a rough estimate of pressure on the road. So a typical 'roadie' (~100 to 120 psi) will exert more pressure on the road than any motorhome I know of, and even MTBs typically run with tyres inflated to over 50 psi...

I suppose where this falls down is on a road that is poorly maintained and the spread weight (contact area) is diminished hugely when on the edge of a pot hole for instance ....... I am not anti 4x4, only interested. So suspect the damage caused all depends on the state of the road to begin with :unsure:

Well that's because, unfortunately, you live in an attractive part of the world.

I guess if Cornwall cut itself off from the world it would survive fine, then?
Maybe we can resurrect Hadrian's army for you and build a wall to keep the marauding foreign hordes out? 😁 🤣:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then it would be just Cornish residents plus all those many holiday properties that would stand empty with no occupants contributing to the daily local economy.

Second homers. They can afford to dislike visitors because they don't need them to make money and can be as nimby as they like.

Land's End has charged an entry fee for donkey's years. Are you maybe talking 18th century?! 🤔 😉 😘 😂
'Tis no worse than the hundred's of other touristy places around the UK that charge a fee for entry to their so-called 'attractions'.
Like these ones,me like .
soho.png

I don't understand. Don't want to 'hi jack' this thread but would be interested if you started a new one.
Every vehicle has a footprint. Many larger vehicles have a large footprint to improve tyre life and traction A smaller vehicle can have a proportionally smaller footprint to improve fuel economy at the expense of putting more pressure on the road. Also more likely to sink in soft ground.

I suppose where this falls down is on a road that is poorly maintained and the spread weight (contact area) is diminished hugely when on the edge of a pot hole for instance ....... I am not anti 4x4, only interested. So suspect the damage caused all depends on the state of the road to begin with :unsure:
Not really. Think tyre pressure. Unless the road is already in an 'unserviceable' state, the tyres deform to follow the variations in road surface and the pressure on the road is maintained (give or take a little). If the road surface is too bad for this then the damage is already done and it's the lack of maintenance by the highways authority that is to blame!

Just a thought, but Wee Krankie wants to change the law North of the border so that it is unlawful to say or write anything that causes, or is likely to cause, offense to anyone. Perhaps it's time to mention that Jamie Stone MP offends decent motorhomers by his libellous accusations and, under Krankie's new law, would probably have committed a criminal offence?

If the MP doesnt belive in discrimination and all being treated equally then he will be campaining for Leeds and Liverpool fans being banned from city centres due to complaints of rubbish being left, of people from Bournemouth bech for the same, for demonstrations etc etc. Or as I suspect, all of us are treated equal just some are more equal than others or to put another way discrimination is wrong and everyone is treated the same........except for some.

And another one, press articles are almost daily now, the councillor/media onslaught is relentless.

This article refers to tent camping.She hasnt mentioned Motorhomes.She does mention the sides of the Road being eroded because of parking.So does she want to ban all car drivers then from Scotland?Car drivers who pay road tax to be on the roads.
Of course it hits a nerve in us when we see another complainer but its tents.Wonder if thats her Volkswagen campervan in the background behind her?I bet it is.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back