Pee bottles

Even less chance of that I'm afraid.
Hold yer Rock properly then.
Screenshot_20231207_072019.jpg

Reminds me of the days wearing a wetsuit during a winter dive in freezing Loch Long or Fyne. When the cold really hits you underwater you have little control, then for a few seconds, it’s like the central heating kicked in, the lassies had it good, both legs would get warmed up 🤣

Down side, the drive home would be nauseating due to the stench in the warm car 🤢
Know the feeling well from my caving days. We used to put liberal amounts of talc into the wetsuit to make it easier to get on, this combined with pee used to coat the legs with a white-ish 'emulsion'. Yup, it stunk!

As we’ve sunk as low as we can now, can we expand the topic and see if any helpful hints arise, I’ll start, I use a couple of sheets of paper both longwise and across the hole and if one is lucky when the bomb doors open you can be a little off target but it all gets swept away, I usually use the shower to flush as it does a better job especially if you’ve released a flock of starlings so to speak.:p

Nalgene wide neck drink bottles make very good receptacles for the amber liquid, use to use one on wild camps on long distance footpaths at night in the tent if it was p**ing down and you didn’t want to get out of your tent.

The tank supplied with diesel heaters, works for me.
Oh! After arranging the fuel to be supplied from the vehicle fuel tank.

This thread reminds me of the time me and two of my pals went camping in the lake district when we were just 16. We had to get three buses I think to get to Keswick from Darlington and it took forever. Of course our backpacks were not full of Kendal Mintcake and useful camping gear, oh no. They were full of cans of beer and cider. So there we were occupying the back seats and getting stuck into our booze but within half an hour of setting off of course this presented us with a problem. All of us needed to Pee. I dont know if you have ever tried pissing into an empty Carlsberg can on the back of a rattily old bus while half cut but its not that easy. 🤣 It went everywhere and even started a bit of a stream down the isle. Dave even managed to draw "Claret" and seemed to be in considerable pain which just made it even funnier. I cant remember what we did with all the full pish cans. I think we were just amazed we never got chucked off and abandoned somewhere on the top of the Pennines.

We use a 10 litre bottle a large funnel and a female container. Makes life so much easier when wild or street parking. If your abroad the likelihood is you will have to get used to this way of doing things lol. For much longer periods between emptying the cassette it's an absolute must👍 However I am speaking as a fulltimer.

We use a 10 litre bottle a large funnel and a female container. Makes life so much easier when wild or street parking. If your abroad the likelihood is you will have to get used to this way of doing things lol. For much longer periods between emptying the cassette it's an absolute must👍 However I am speaking as a fulltimer.

Surely its easier to empty your onboard loo abroad? Certainly in countries like France, Germany, Italy and Spain. Aires everywhere and usually free to empty your cassette.

Was wild camping recently and every time there was a van parked up their sliding doors were going all night to go out and pee in the hedge. Why on earth don't they get a pee bottle? I carry a couple saves using toilet and is very convenient for boys and girls. I have heard there are talks about only letting self contained units wildcamp. Thoughts?
I've screwed two strong leather straps to the inside of the sliding door, one at the top middle ish and one on the front vertical. A great aid to closing the door much easier at all times. Runners need to be clean and lightly lubed. Can't abide those gurt coachbuilts, stick out like a sore thumb freecamping and take up too much space!!?

in Nottingham they used lodecker buses, it wa snormal most w/end nights to have a steady stream of piss runnig down the dropped aisle . god help the poor cleaners who had to look under the upper rear squabs !

I have three Lidl Formil 3 litre bottles, I have one and Liz has one and another as a spare, we use Zoflora to keep them clean and smelling nice.
And it works! Yes been doing that for many years, carry disinfectant to keep our eight 1.5L spanish milk bottles we use fresh, and she has a poundshop peewee. Perfumed doggy bag in a 1L yoggi pot for nr twos in sat in the loo, do it, tie it, bin it, or can be left lidded overnight. We always have spare yoggi pots on board. Have'nt used the thetford in years. I've posted this wisdom before...we have a good extractor fan! All very easy If you've ever changed a baby's nappy or picked up after your dog what's the problem?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back