Peanut shaped roundabout!

TeamRienza

We all know that France has the most roundabouts in the world, boring, so now they are livening things up with a €720,000 peanut shaped roundabout.

No consideration for those who have a nut allergy!

Davy

Being the boring person I am, I googled dog bone/peanut shaped roundabouts, there's quite a few in US.

WE have a massive one just half mile from my home,every day a smash on it cause the numties dont read the overhead promts and in wrong lanes just cut across 3 lanes.
sanyknowes.png

Perhaps someone has at last realised that mini roundabouts don’t work. At busy times everyone has to give way to someone else and then when you eventually decide who is going first you can only use it one at a time. Designed to create congestion. This peanut thing shows a bit of imagination, it might even be designed to keep traffic flowing.

Anyone remember the magic roundabout in Hemel Hempstead?
i wikied it. It’s the Plough Roundabout, still there . The cause of many an hour of fun and ribald interchanges.
Also the first meeting of Nik and me. Petrol garage on the hill.😍

Anyone remember the magic roundabout in Hemel Hempstead?
i wikied it. It’s the Plough Roundabout, still there . The cause of many an hour of fun and ribald interchanges.
Also the first meeting of Nik and me. Petrol garage on the hill.😍
Yes I remember it well. I think this was the first of the “magic roundabouts”. Can anyone come up with an earlier one?

Not too fussed about the shape of the things. I just wish there was a national 20mph limit on them and they weren’t planted up with things like Pampas grass.

Cheers

H

Not too fussed about the shape of the things. I just wish there was a national 20mph limit on them and they weren’t planted up with things like Pampas grass.

Cheers

H
Someone once told me they put features grasses trees etc on roundabouts to slow people down on approach because if the driver/rider has a good zone of vision across or around the roundabout they are more likely to drive/ride faster into the roundabout not sure if this statement is true but it would make sense?

Someone once told me they put features grasses trees etc on roundabouts to slow people down on approach because if the driver/rider has a good zone of vision across or around the roundabout they are more likely to drive/ride faster into the roundabout not sure if this statement is true but it would make sense?

That was the reasoning a council around here gave on some new roundabouts, after numerous accidents they eventually cleared the srubbery to give clear sightlines.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back