Parliamentary Petition re Overnight Parking

Great idea, not signed as we are no longer U.K. residents.
Historically, the government appears to take no real notice of petitions if it doesn’t suit them, but good luck anyway.

Just a thought

What happens if the public debate comes out against wild camping of any sort? A sword usually has two edges and under the present climate regarding local councils and motorhome parking there may be a strong input against. Perhaps the best way forward is gentle pressure to individual councils until it becomes the norm by default.

As I was always told as an engineer. "What's the best way to eat an elephant?"....... One mouthful at a time.......

Petition

Signed, but really I don’t think such vague and woolly petitions are going to achieve very much and may even backfire. Even clear positive proposals, backed by credible organisations and political clout struggle to advance minority interests. Unfortunately despite looking I have been unable to detect much of this in the motorhoming community. Perhaps ‘organisation’ and ‘Wild’ are mutually exclusive concepts.

Not as much of a problem in Scotland where I do all my campervannin. More and more councils switching on and providing places to overnight for a small fee. Findhorn dunes carpark used to have no overnight parking signs but now welcome motorhomes and charge £10 per night.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back