Oxford Zero Emission Zone Red Zone Jan 2020

Well we know about London, we know about Bristol and now Oxford.
We need cleaner air, goodness knows what it was like when I was a kid, we had terrible fogs.
What I do object to is that it is very easy to be caught in these zones and there are big fines if you do make a mistake in a strange town/city.
And what happens if you live in what becomes a zero emission zone ?

Doesn't even have to be a strange city. Far too many times I've found myself in congestion/ULEZ zone, because of road works, new developments or whatever else is going on. In van it just means congestion fee, but if in my 93 reg car it's ULEZ too, and I know norf London like the back of my hand, or I used to before it changed every other week 😂

Good. So long as they provide park and ride, which I know they do. An added incentive would be for it to be free.

Cha ching cha ching.
The money keeps coming in from those suckers not long ago we told to buy diesels, those idiots who today are giving us thousands in vat, paying 80% tax on their fuel, and we can rip them off even more of they buy the cleanest euro 6d engines with thousands more in road tax. Thank god for the motorists, without these suckers our economy would be in a hell of a mess.
And the stupid idiots are buying electric cars now because they are cheaper to run,
when will they ever learn :)

Good. So long as they provide park and ride, which I know they do. An added incentive would be for it to be free.
Only 1 P&R can be used by Motorhomes...
As you imply all very good to cut pollution but they have to provide extra parking etc outside

OXFORD is a nightmare whether in car or MoHo

We needed to drop people off at the bus station taking them in our MoHo
NO parking nearby
I drove into the bus station (So to use "efficient Public Transport" etc .LOADS of Room
Simply to drop people OFF.
The signage was there but almost impossible to see until it was too late
We were there for probably 3 mins and I got ( and repaid) a real earful !
OK I should not have gone in but there was almost no choice !
OXFORD is on my NOGO list even by public transport !

This time last year I was making the occasional visit to Ashmolean on a job, sometimes by car, sometimes in the van, on each occasion I used the P&R as it was much more convenient than trying to find parking in the town centre.

Well if you can't take your car or van into the zone I can see the bus becoming chargeable, and becomes park and pay. :)

Just dont be caught in seedy parts of town,they take pictures now and post them to you. 😇 some explaining to do.:oops:

Just like other cities, I'm struggling to understand how charging non compliant vehicles reduces emmissions from them :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Just like other cities, I'm struggling to understand how charging non compliant vehicles reduces emmissions from them :unsure:

Regards,
Del
We have a culture of charging to discourage use whilst not attracting more criticism by having an outright ban, this actually works quite well.

Try walking in Oxford centre and you will agree that something needs doing. The fumes are intolerable! We always use P&R, but the buses seem to be the worst offenders
bussmoke.jpg

In Scotland we pay higher taxes so that the government can hand out cash to buy new buses Link

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back