OIL $110 a Barrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer Don.
I was in Germany at end of March and the prices ranged quite a bit but Petrol at Euro 1.54 and Diesel at Euro 1.26 could be had at pumps.

diesel price

Yep, I asked the same question sometime ago but without the layout.
You are quite right Belgian, WHY ?
While I am here.
What is the price of Diesel on the Continent ?

Don

Today it went up again (could any one explain WHY?):confused:. Reference price at the pump: 1,29 €/l. :mad::mad: That is exatly the double as in 2000 !
Nuts...............:(

To answer Don.
I was in Germany at end of March and the prices ranged quite a bit but Petrol at Euro 1.54 and Diesel at Euro 1.26 could be had at pumps.

If on the continent petrol is dearer than Diesel about 30 cents. Why is our Diesel dearer by a good 10p than petrol.

Its barmey.

Don

I HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL!!!

Maybe it is something to do with Gordon Brown being a small dot in the world.

According to Mr Mugabe that is!

Passed a Tax collection point today in Hemsley, North yorkshire, £1.18.9 pence per litre:eek:, anyone beat that:( (diesel that is)

Last edited:
Why to governments aren't doing anything to lower the price ? :confused:
Answer: less tax in their pockets :mad::mad::mad:

Well, untill the disparity is corrected, I will continue to use Bio-Diesel at 90p a litre. :D

Don

Today I filled up my wifes car with petrol @ £1.079 p/l. I noticed that even rice rocket fuel, supreme, is @ £1.139 p/l and Diesel ( cheaper to make, less toxic to use) is £1.079. So now not only are we susidising Mr Mondeo, we are also susidising Mr Subaru and Mr Mitsubishi, as they burn up and down the dual carriage ways for no other purpose than to frighten every living creature within deafening distance, with their dustbin sized exhaust pipes, while pretending they look as cool as Lewis Hamilton because thev'e got a plastic spoiler on the boot lid. Why is it that we British are out of step at every turn? the whole of Europe sells diesel cheaper than petrol, but here diesel has become a subsidy for the school run rally, the souped up cretin car rally and Norman Majors golf club cronies.

Last edited:
Some time ago i was sugesting that drivers avoid The big suppliers Garage. I apreciate that in some remote places this wasnt possible. The point hat i am making check the following prices in my area.

Morrisons - 112.9p
Shell - 112.9p
Sainsburys -112.9p
Asda - 112.9p

Not that long ago Shell was a 1p-2p higher than anyone else.
you can make a difference by voting with your feet or wheels.

Don

Some time ago i was sugesting that drivers avoid The big suppliers Garage. I apreciate that in some remote places this wasnt possible. The point hat i am making check the following prices in my area.

Morrisons - 112.9p
Shell - 112.9p
Sainsburys -112.9p
Asda - 112.9p

Not that long ago Shell was a 1p-2p higher than anyone else.
you can make a difference by voting with your feet or wheels.

Don

Here in Macc, we have a cartel, and Tesco (spit, spit.) who I would not use anyway. are the only supermarket selling gold, sorry fuel, and they match the big boys penny for penny.Today up another penny to £117.9. Anyone got a second hand tardis with a permanent bed, 2 berth with four belted seats for sale?:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Here in Macc, we have a cartel, and Tesco (spit, spit.) who I would not use anyway. are the only supermarket selling gold, sorry fuel, and they match the big boys penny for penny.Today up another penny to £117.9. Anyone got a second hand tardis with a permanent bed, 2 berth with four belted seats for sale?:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

That's criminal, in an urban area, say £1.18p per litre, I was shocked to see£1.19p this weekend but that was in a rural area where you might expect it.

What we need is another fuel embargo, only this time ,the joe public need to give them all the support they deserve, if not ,I predict £1.50 by Christmas:mad::(

That's criminal, in an urban area, say £1.18p per litre, I was shocked to see£1.19p this weekend but that was in a rural area where you might expect it.

What we need is another fuel embargo, only this time ,the joe public need to give them all the support they deserve, if not ,I predict £1.50 by Christmas:mad::(
1.17.9 / 1.18.9 is pretty much the standard down here absolutely shocking that diesel is up to 9 pence dearer than petrol

Now $111.65 per barrel

Just heard on the news its up again to a new record. Maybe we should hold a book on when diesel hits £1.50 ltr. I predict the week before the schools break up for summer.As the oil companies will think, well Joe publics hard up so he is not going on a package holiday, so they will be all on the roads day tripping, open the champagne boys.Also heard £1.00 = I. 24 Euro. What a summer ahead.:mad:

Just heard on the news its up again to a new record. Maybe we should hold a book on when diesel hits £1.50 ltr. I predict the week before the schools break up for summer.As the oil companies will think, well Joe publics hard up so he is not going on a package holiday, so they will be all on the roads day tripping, open the champagne boys.Also heard £1.00 = I. 24 Euro. What a summer ahead.:mad:
Thee doth not protest enough, Well thats the english people for you. :(

Its simple really, we are being ripped off!

I work in Export, i have first hand experience of diesel prices going up and costing the UK more. Business's are being jeopardised because of the price hike, but it wont stop until someone takes a stand again like the farmers did. (Im talking about the french farmers and not the british) I have to constantly pay up to 50% more than last year for a shipments to europe or rest of the world because we accept the price increase where as my equals overseas are laughing at UK because they say NO we will not accept the increase, and dont!:cool:. as a motorhome owner and afamily of two cars im ready to say NO MORE! lets do something about it!!!! Sadly we are a lone voice in a big world! :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back