OIL $110 a Barrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI, In answer to firefox,Well the 1st thing I would do would be to cut benefits for all who have been on them for over 6
terry

very good post terry
but sadly, the politicians all want the of votes of the
people on benefits and are unwilling to upset them
we cant win
aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Goverments politicians are legalized gansters:mad:

there's only one way to fight unfair taxes trevor,

bring back robin hood!

rgreene.jpg

My daughter's neighbours are furious...their petrol price at the pump has just gone to $1.35 a gallon!!
She hasn't the heart to spoil their plans for a holiday in the UK. by telling them what our prices are.

My daughter's neighbours are furious...their petrol price at the pump has just gone to $1.35 a gallon!!
She hasn't the heart to spoil their plans for a holiday in the UK. by telling them what our prices are.

:eek:Is that $1.35 a GALLON:eek:, unbelievable , they must be laughing at us filling up at our tax collection points

The Iraq and Afghan wars are projected to cost 3 billion this year.

I think the Gov raises about 30 billion from fuel duty alone which amounts to about 50p a litre in tax (ex VAT revenue). So, in rough terms you could save 10% on fuel revenue by bringing the troops home (It's a bit more complicated because the troops still have to be paid for back here). But it might translate to cut of the range 2-4p a litre in fuel duty; Worth having.

And practical too because I don't think they'd lose many votes by bringing the troops back.

:eek:Is that $1.35 a GALLON:eek:, unbelievable , they must be laughing at us filling up at our tax collection points

OUCH! Typing error -£1.35 a GALLON at their local mart (£ not $).

Side issue. did you notice the drop in expense allowances of MP's(without receipts) from £250 to £25?
This, apparently, means that they were trotting to the feeding trough to claim up to £249.99 with no evidence...somehow I doubt if my firm would let me get away with that!

Last edited:
OUCH! Typing error -£1.35 a GALLON at their local mart (£ not $).

Side issue. did you notice the drop in expense allowances of MP's(without receipts) from £250 to £25?
This, apparently, means that they were trotting to the feeding trough to claim up to £249.99 with no evidence...somehow I doubt if my firm would let me get away with that!
Aye Sagart and i bet thats only the tip of the iceberg these so called politicians get off to lightly when they are caught out, where as if it were the common man they would lock him up and throw away the key.:(

Aye Sagart and i bet thats only the tip of the iceberg these so called politicians get off to lightly when they are caught out, where as if it were the common man they would lock him up and throw away the key.:(

Our local M.P, Tory) has just been found to be renting his house back from a trust fund he sold it too, a big gaff in London that him and his wife, also a tory M,P, were claiming back megger bucks for and all perfectly legal. I think I will sell our place to a trust fund, then rent it back at £3000 a week and as I can't afford that I will claim back housing benifit to cover the costs.......... Now would you or I get away with it............. I DONT THINK SO.:confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

Our local M.P, Tory) has just been found to be renting his house back from a trust fund he sold it too, a big gaff in London that him and his wife, also a tory M,P, were claiming back megger bucks for and all perfectly legal. I think I will sell our place to a trust fund, then rent it back at £3000 a week and as I can't afford that I will claim back housing benifit to cover the costs.......... Now would you or I get away with it............. I DONT THINK SO.:confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

Oh no not the likes of us we would be hung drawn and quarterd:eek:

Oil prices

A little history:
In 2000: 1 US $ = 1,2 €. A vat raw oil costed 60 $ = 72 €. At the pump we paid 0,82 € / 1 l diesel
In 2008: 1 US $ = 0,65 €. Raw oil: 110 $ = 70,1 €. :mad: Raw oil became cheaper.:) But at the pump: 1,25 €/1 l diesel.
If raw oil is cheaper now (in €) why do we pay 50% more for 1 liter diesel ???:mad:
Somebody is seriously filling its pockets. :mad:
And if the $ will go up again ? I wouldn't think about that :eek:

A little history:
In 2000: 1 US $ = 1,2 €. A vat raw oil costed 60 $ = 72 €. At the pump we paid 0,82 € / 1 l diesel
In 2008: 1 US $ = 0,65 €. Raw oil: 110 $ = 70,1 €. :mad: Raw oil became cheaper.:) But at the pump: 1,25 €/1 l diesel.
If raw oil is cheaper now (in €) why do we pay 50% more for 1 liter diesel ???:mad:

ITS called CAPITALISM, and it has always been a method of extracting the maximum amount of profit (for those hard at work on the phone to their stockbroker). whilst the idle ignorant masses waste their time consuming bad food, worse products, pay extotionate rates to borrow money, to pay hyper inflated places to live in sub standard housing and moan about the fact that they take a year to earn what the stockholder can make in a reasonable to fair mornings work, taking into account a reasonable lie in with the afghan hounds, a large pot of coffee and a good peruse of the financial times. Of course its our fault for asking for a decent living wage. If we were'nt so greedy the economy would be hunky dory.:mad:

A little history:

Yep, I asked the same question sometime ago but without the layout.
You are quite right Belgian, WHY ?
While I am here.
What is the price of Diesel on the Continent ?

Don

Quote"Of course its our fault for asking for a decent living wage. If we were'nt so greedy the economy would be hunky dory":eek:

I hope that was tonge in cheek mate.

We have only ever chased after equality with them that rip us off.

Actually, that could be reversed, If the big companies didnt want such big profits, I wouldnt need a bigger Pension to Pay my way.
Utillities (water) my bill has just risen by 40%
Gas / Electric just risen by 14% (and another big rise forcast for the Autumn).

I am actually worse off, pound for pound, this year than last.

Dont get me going.

Don

maybe

I was reading that shipping companies are demanding more diesel of a greener type and this is also helping to rise prices, But whatever the reason I think that the days of cheap fuel are well over, at the local service station diesel been going up around a 1 pence a week and is 1.16pl at the moment, in exeter its 1.13pl, last week it was all 1.17pl in the supermarkets, so its gone down a bit.
But as said its the big boys in the city setting the prices. I think china uses a lot of coal at the moment so can,t be accountable for all this.
terry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back