NZ to ban vans without toilets

I'm not surprised at all. 😂
Me neither, turkeys voting for Christmas what next Eh :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

365935A0-8B64-4A40-904B-2DF7FDD3EE65.jpeg

There is simply no need to abuse "the system" when all it takes is a little responsibility, respect and cooperation.

Unfortunately this is the human species you're talking about here, Ral, not Utopia ;)🤪

The actions of the few often get knee-jerk reactions and draconian legislation from 'governing bodies' which has a (freedom restricting) ripple effect across the wider population.

It all starts with education and awareness as well as sensible - and more importantly properly managed and enforced - laws.

And there's the rub. Dream on 🤷‍♀️

Unfortunately this is the human species you're talking about here, Ral, not Utopia ;)🤪

The actions of the few often get knee-jerk reactions and draconian legislation from 'governing bodies' which has a (freedom restricting) ripple effect across the wider population.

It all starts with education and awareness as well as sensible - and more importantly properly managed and enforced - laws.

And there's the rub. Dream on 🤷‍♀️
There will always be idiots who need sorting out. Sort them out, don't punish good people who have done nothing wrong.

Obviously this needed nipping at the bud many years ago, but nothing was done, and now this draconian measure.
All that will happen is the good people who did nothing wrong will abide by the rules, and the muppets who created the need for these rules will go on breaking them.
And I can see this coming to a place near us in future.

I think I've come up with a solution that could keep everyone happy.

All vans to have fully plumbed in loo's, even those with composting and incineration loo's. 1000 litre waste tank ( that'll keep those pesky 3500KG and under vans off the road).
Waste tanks can only be emptied at a licensed place, where waste will be tested to make sure you've been eating your five a day. Hows that?

I think I've come up with a solution that could keep everyone happy.

All vans to have fully plumbed in loo's, where waste will be tested to make sure you've been eating your five a day. Hows that?
People or food, zombie springs to mind. :eek:

Problem here is all public loos close at around 5pm, so no loo in the van how in hell do folk hold it in to 9am in the morning when they open again?:eek:

And then have a registration number displayed on the drivers door so they are easily recognised as having a fitted toilet even day vans should have to comply as toilets arn't just used at night
ALL vehicles should be fitted with a plumbed in chemical toilet I think. Who knows when you might to stuck in a traffic jam for an hour coming home from the shops.
Seems reasonable to me :D

Problem here is all public loos close at around 5pm, so no loo in the van how in hell do folk hold it in to 9am in the morning when they open again?:eek:
You never had a job with no easy access to a loo? You've had to easy! :LOL:

And I mean job as in work, not a jobby :p 😂

ALL vehicles should be fitted with a plumbed in chemical toilet I think. Who knows when you might to stuck in a traffic jam for an hour coming home from the shops.
One reason we prefer to use the van for anything other than local trips. We can use toilet when ever we want or make a cuppa or a fry up at our leisure

actually .... I think the above suggestion is a bit short-sighted :( What happens when more than one person needs to go to the loo? maybe there needs to be a ratio of passengers to toilets? 1 toilet per 2 seats?

actually .... I think the above suggestion is a bit short-sighted :( What happens when more than one person needs to go to the loo? maybe there needs to be a ratio of passengers to toilets? 1 toilet per 2 seats?
What can 3 men do that 3 wemen canny, pee in a po?

Does New Zealand have a large network of motorhome service aires France style?

Or is it more U.K. like?

I’m guessing the public loos in more isolated parts of NZ are sceptic tank based so green tank additives would need to be used. After all, on board loo or not, black waste ultimately has to be disposed of.

I’m never going there but clearly this could give the U.K. government ideas.

A network of service points or a law permitting free access or a maximum fee access of say £3 to campsite service points would be a very good start.

After all the Spanish have a law by which all bars have to give unhindered access to their loos for all so why not give motorhome and camper van users free access to campsite service points as part of the licensing conditions?
I’ve had the pleasure of touring NZ in a Moho nearly every town has a waste disposal. As the law stands at the moment any van Moho camper that did not have a toilet was not allowed to freedom camp and had to use a registered site.

Punishing severely those who behave poorly, would have been preferable.
I agree, but there is zero chance of enforcement. Who's going to catch them and how do they prove the mess was theirs?
Sadly, having a blanket ban is the only way to go in such a sparsely populated country.

I can see something similar happening here.
But I am utterly against this.
Punishing the many for the actions of the few is completely wrong.
But it also brings into the question of barriers we use here.
Barriers prevent motorhomes from entry, whilst allowing these smaller campers without toilets through.
But in my honest opinion, this will be a sad day when a country like New Zealand, with such a tiny population does this.
Punishing severely those who behave poorly, would have been preferable.
But thats just my views.
I agree but it is why we have speed bumps and cameras, and the horrendous 20mph limits all over now.

Plumbed in is a bit vague, my Thetford is plumbed in, but not on the waste side I could pit a pipe on it so it went straight out and that would be plumbed in I suppose, RVs have plumbed in loos and a big pipe to empty.

Plumbed in requires more info to have any real changes.

I was in my shed today and I saw something that made me think of this thread ....

No, I don't have a plumbed in toilet in the shed (I can just go outside instead ;) (and walk to the house ;) ;) )). It was something I bought about 8 years ago but never actually ever used
1676388182957.png

It's a reasonable option for emergency/occasional use for those caught short and doubles up as a little seat when not needed for 'other' purposes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back