Number plates for France and Spain.

The Jacks

Not sure if this has been covered before but I need some advice please.
We are hoping to travel through France and onto Spain early next month,there is an EU number plate on our van but the EU symbol is covered with a Scotland flag,I understand I need a UK sticker of some sort but the question is,do I need to change number plates or is the UK sticker enough even with the Scotland sticker ?
Thanks in advance
Alan

We bought a UK sticker which goes over the EU one on number plate. That would mean you removing the Scotland one though. Otherwise get a larger UK sticker for rear of the car and leave Scotland one on number plate.

You need a oval UK sticker, but it can be on the number plate, without it the stickers above are not legal.

That being said, that’s what I have and it’s never been an issue.

For Spain, I think its the oval GB sticker thats required. We got mistaken for Ukrainian last year in the local village. (y)
Definitely the U.K. oval sticker that is required for Spain. Get them before you arrive at the ferry port unless you enjoy paying loads of money!

We also have a scooter and a smaller one is permitted for the rear of motorbikes. Full size for cars and motorhomes.

Definitely the U.K. oval sticker that is required for Spain. Get them before you arrive at the ferry port unless you enjoy paying loads of money!

We also have a scooter and a smaller one is permitted for the rear of motorbikes. Full size for cars and motorhomes.
Already have uk on the plates before we went to Spain last year. (y) Obviously had some misinformation from somewhere stating we needed oval GBs. The odd thing was, when our new Spanish toll tag arrived it had two new GB stickers in with it.

DVLA - That's interesting and just for these countries:​

Driving in Spain, Cyprus and Malta​

You must display a UK sticker to drive in Spain, Cyprus and Malta, no matter what’s on your number plate.

I've used the stick on U.K. number plate stickers as shown
also U.K. sticker as shown ,mind the other stuff ,beam benders etc

I've used the stick on U.K. number plate stickers as shown
also U.K. sticker as shown ,mind the other stuff ,beam benders etc
I have been looking at emergency triangle, beam benders and other stuff, the other thing I was wondering about was refill gas bottles we use 6 kg propane (flogas)is it the same regulators over there or will I need to change ours ?
Thanks.

Regulators I've never had to change but you will need the dish type adaptor that screws on to your refill point
two hi-viz vests but you can buy a kit with all in it

Regulators I've never had to change but you will need the dish type adaptor that screws on to your refill point
two hi-viz vests but you can buy a kit with all in it
The dish type adaptor is for France. Spain and Portugal require the GLP M10 nozzle type.

1675407323942.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back