Number plates for France and Spain.

I have been looking at emergency triangle, beam benders and other stuff, the other thing I was wondering about was refill gas bottles we use 6 kg propane (flogas)is it the same regulators over there or will I need to change ours ?
Thanks.
Hi Jacks, (oops,sorry) Just some info on triangles for Spain. They now want motorists to have the orange flashing beacons (brought a set) and in 12 months time, they will be obsolete because they will then also have to have gps location enabled. :mad:

Just wondered how people get on with the requirement to carry spare bulbs, when many are now LEDs ?

Attachments

• B94F8EDC-A2B2-4BC4-854F-A2FB002DF3F1.png
    B94F8EDC-A2B2-4BC4-854F-A2FB002DF3F1.png
    2 MB · Views: 44
I have been looking at emergency triangle, beam benders and other stuff, the other thing I was wondering about was refill gas bottles we use 6 kg propane (flogas)is it the same regulators over there or will I need to change ours ?
Thanks.n No f
I assume you mean REFILL as in exchange gas bottle. No Flogas there to exchange bottles.

If you try to Re-fill your Flogas bottle you probably won't get away with it the Lady walked out of the kiosk to check when I pulled up at the GPL pump in France to confirm I was connected to a refill point on the MOhO and NOT refilling a bottle, at E.Leclerc.
You may have to buy a Local cylinder and regulator to suit in FR or ES

If your van is over 3.5 Tonnes you also need the "danger of death' stickers. One on each front door/wing and one on the rear of the van. They will stop you without one. That's in France & Spain. You can get them from Amazon, look at ny foreign wagon for the correct name!

They now want motorists to have the orange flashing beacons (brought a set)
Thanks, this was news to me.

More information here https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog/expat-tips/1112-v16-emergency-beacon-lights-spain.html where it says -

'The use of the beacons will come into effect on July 1, 2021, you will however still be able to use the traditional warning triangle or light without geolocation until January 1, 2026. From that date on, the only form of warning device you are allowed to use is the V16 Beacon that has built-in geolocation.'

So it seems that triangles will still be allowed until January 1st 2026.

Where did you buy your beacons? From the above I will wait until the geolocation beacon is available.

More information here https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog/expat-tips/1112-v16-emergency-beacon-lights-spain.html where it says -

'The use of the beacons will come into effect on July 1, 2021, you will however still be able to use the traditional warning triangle or light without geolocation until January 1, 2026. From that date on, the only form of warning device you are allowed to use is the V16 Beacon that has built-in geolocation.'

Where did you buy your beacons? From the above I will wait until the geolocation beacon is available.
The geolocation beacon is available now. Suppliers supposedly include Amazon, but I could not find it on amazon.es, even providing a Spanish postcode as a delivery location, Vodafone (Spain) and others. I haven't checked others, but many branches of El Corte Inglés appear to be able to supply, either from stock or for collection within a few days. Gives the option of carrying currently still authorised triangles until you are able to purchase a beacon.

The geolocation beacon is available now. Suppliers supposedly include Amazon, but I could not find it on amazon.es, even providing a Spanish postcode as a delivery location, Vodafone (Spain) and others. I haven't checked others, but many branches of El Corte Inglés appear to be able to supply, either from stock or for collection within a few days. Gives the option of carrying currently still authorised triangles until you are able to purchase a beacon.

I'm guessing these are magnetic and work well on top of a car (or PVC) but has anyone any thoughts on using them on a non metal coachbuilt? Presumably they have to go on top of the vehicle which would also present another problem due to height perhaps?

I'm guessing these are magnetic and work well on top of a car (or PVC) but has anyone any thoughts on using them on a non metal coachbuilt? Presumably they have to go on top of the vehicle which would also present another problem due to height perhaps?

I`ve already thought about that and if that is the case Graham i`m going to attach a small metal plate to the top of the awning case above the habitation door.

That will be easily reachable when stood in the doorway and is conveniently on the offside when driving in Europe because ours is UK spec.

Reactions: GMJ
Good thinking Batman! (y)

I reckon I might be able to reach to the top of ours as well however as I have the blow up awning attached at the mo, I'll have to wait to check that I can reach it.

We got them off Amazon. A set of 4 in a handy case. They are magnetic and also have a hook. They also are supposed to withstand being driven over as you should also put them down the road as in, being on a blind bend. When the geolocation ones do become available, we will probably have to get just the one and hopefully never need it. No idea yet regarding subscription for the gps or whether it is per country? what3words would be better.

Yep, magnetic but no need to be. You would place them to notify other road users of the hazard. If you have broken down I presume the vehicle would not be moving so it shouldnt fall off. No idea if the gps co-ords are automatically sent on activation? What if you get a puncture you can do yourself?

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
If your van is over 3.5 Tonnes you also need the "danger of death' stickers. One on each front door/wing and one on the rear of the van. They will stop you without one. That's in France & Spain. You can get them from Amazon, look at ny foreign wagon for the correct name!
I Don't think the Spanish would pass a law that involved putting a sign written in FRENCH on theirs Spanish vehicles.

Good thinking Batman! (y)

I reckon I might be able to reach to the top of ours as well however as I have the blow up awning attached at the mo, I'll have to wait to check that I can reach it.

I can reach mine quite easily Graham being a big bugger at 6`5" and i tend to forget there are normal sized people out there as well o_O 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back