Not staying on

Change the regulator before anything else, if that doesn't cure it at least you have a spare regulator.

Change the regulator before anything else, if that doesn't cure it at least you have a spare regulator.

Thanks for that but don't think it's the regulator as the hob,fridge and water heater ar all working fine

Just an update
Phoned Knowpark this afternoon and spoke to Grant,told him my problem and he asked me to turn the oven on and pull the control knob right off and push in the stem which will open the gas valve,press the sparker, hold it in for 10 seconds and release it
Bingo after throwing nearly a week's worth of food thrown out we have an oven
He got me to do the same with the grill,same result
Apparently in some occasions when you depress the valve it bottoms before the valve is completely open
He said to cut a bit of cardboard and put it inside the control knob which takes up the space.
Once again thanks for all your suggestions
Alan

Last edited:
Good of you to let us know how you got on. Crap that the manufacturer or retailer canโ€™t rectify the issue before it spoils your holiday.

Just an update
Phoned Knowpark this afternoon and spoke to Grant,told him my problem and he asked me to turn the oven on and pull the control knob right off and push in the stem which will open the gas valve,press the sparker, hold it in for 10 seconds and release it
Bingo after throwing nearly a week's worth of food thrown out we have an oven
He got me to do the same with the grill,same result
Apparently in some occasions when you depress the valve it bottoms before the valve is completely open
He said to cut a bit of cardboard and put it inside the control knob which takes up the space.
Once again thanks for all your suggestions
Alan

Glad your sorted ,now get the grub cooked we will be round shortly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™

Good of you to let us know how you got on. Crap that the manufacturer or retailer canโ€™t rectify the issue before it spoils your holiday.

It didn't really spoil it we are having a great time going to Chanonry Point tomorrow to hopefully see the Dolphins.
The better half kept telling me to phone them but being a typical male I kept putting it off , really should have phoned them earlier.

It didn't really spoil it we are having a great time going to Chanonry Point tomorrow to hopefully see the Dolphins.
The better half kept telling me to phone them but being a typical male I kept putting it off , really should have phoned them earlier.

Keep an eye open for me in my truck up in Invergordon tomorrow getting a few thousand litres o whikky

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back