Not staying on

The Jacks

Good afternoon
We are up in Aviemore and have a problem with our oven and grill, basically they wont stay on
I know they both have thermal couples which do need replaced from time to time but what's the chances of them both going more or less to the same time
Any ideas would be most welcome
Thanks

Try cleaning the tips with emerycloth and try and bend the tip closer to source of gas ??

Normally the T?C however check as daft as it sounds the isolation switch has not accidentally closed , happened on my van sometimes when I put shopping in the cupboard

Channa

Try cleaning the tips with emerycloth and try and bend the tip closer to source of gas ??
Thanks I will give it a try
Should have said the van is only 3 and a half years old and both oven and grill have had very little use
Alan

Normally the T?C however check as daft as it sounds the isolation switch has not accidentally closed , happened on my van sometimes when I put shopping in the cupboard

Channa

Not daft at all that was the first thing the misses thought of , but all valves are on
Thanks
Alan

Are you running out of gas?? Our hob does this when the bottle gets very low.

how long do they stay on ? and if you have a gas igniter , maybe hold the flame from it onto the T/C tip see if that makes flame stay on longer

something is impeding the gas flow, and the t/c are the obvious culprit -they need to be eliminated , unlikely as both going wrong may be , it's not impossible

something is impeding the gas flow, and the t/c are the obvious culprit -they need to be eliminated , unlikely as both going wrong may be , it's not impossible

Happened here not so long back someone swopped a t/c for a new one and that was gooses too

Reading answers so far I agree with you a long lighter or better still a chefs blowtorch on the TC to see if the gas remains lit ...only thing to add is once lit and put out you should here a click about 30 secs to a minute the GCV shutting down

It could be a GCV especially if siamesed shared but TCs the obvious culprit or wiring disturbed

Channa

It could be a gummed up regulator. Do the burners run at full flame whilst you hold the knob in to bypass the FFD? If no, that's a sign of a gas supply problem. And the most likely remaining cause is the regulator.
Gas supply okay as burner is lighting with a full flame but not staying on

I would recommend the burgers from Smithys chip shop or a fish supper from the youth hostel. 👍

If you want give tribute 11 a call robert has a good mobile engineer s contact no if any help to you

I would recommend the burgers from Smithys chip shop or a fish supper from the youth hostel. 👍
Yeah had them both on many occasions
We're parked just up the road from the youth hostel just back from the Glenmore shop well it's the Pine Marten pub now
The Cairingorm lager is lovely

On my last van I had to hold the gas knob down for a good while for before flame safe kicked in.

On my last van I had to hold the gas knob down for a good while for before flame safe kicked in.
It was working when I checked before we left
Tried holding it down for longer than usual but still goes out
Thanks everyone

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back