Not so smart meter

My smart meter packed in waited for months for a new one . eventually one came .when fitting the new one I accidentally dropped the old meter on the hard floor. And it burst into life .I am convinced it is plan to screw us in the future .ie charging different rate's at peak times for car charging etc , nowt to do with saving us money .

My smart meter packed in waited for months for a new one . eventually one came .when fitting the new one I accidentally dropped the old meter on the hard floor. And it burst into life .I am convinced it is plan to screw us in the future .ie charging different rate's at peak times for car charging etc , nowt to do with saving us money .
There are two possible reasons for spending billions on installating smart meters.
One is to disconnect or price out some consumers when there is a short-term shortage of power.
The other is to be able to go from charging for power consumed in watts to charging for VA readings.
Neither has even been mentioned as possibilities, but that's because once those cats are out of the bag, nobody would be stupid enough to have a smart meter installed.

There are two possible reasons for spending billions on installating smart meters.
One is to disconnect or price out some consumers when there is a short-term shortage of power.
The other is to be able to go from charging for power consumed in watts to charging for VA readings.
Neither has even been mentioned as possibilities, but that's because once those cats are out of the bag, nobody would be stupid enough to have a smart meter installed.
What is the difference between watts and VA?

Depends on the load. VA can vary from only a bit higher than watts to as much as 100 times as much. Typically the VA in a domestic supply is about half as much again, but capacitive droppers on led lights can affect it hugely.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back