NO MORE OVERNIGHT STAYS IN SCARBOROUGH

Sam old same old, and it’s becoming so boring to read.
So they have issues with poorly behaved motorhomes, who feel they have to justify themselves in how much they contribute to the local economy. Meanwhile Scarborough is awash with cars as far as the eye can see, and of course they are all well behaved never causing any issues, and contribute massively to the local economy. :unsure:
And none of these car drivers ever start fires for a wee Barbie, do they now. ;)

So they reckon they have to take “measures” because they have been inundated with complaints about us, here we go again. They could have limited the amount of these anti social poorly behaved motorhome owners, who can’t behave properly, and do little for the local economy. But what do they do, they completely ban us from parking overnight.

Possibly we should all start to complain about car owners who leave all their rubbish, or dog walkers who leave their dogs mess. Would this lead to a car ban, and a ban on folk walking their dogs, of course not, and neither should it. ;)

Sorry guys but whether any of us like it or would go there is not what really matters.
Obviously many do like it.

What matters is yet again we are treated like something wiped of the soles of my shoes, by people who obviously simply despise us.
They carry out their surveys to see if we help the local economy, and on that basis only they determine whether or not we should be allowed there. Have they carried out similar surveys for others who visit Scarborough, and if they don’t meet their criteria, would they ban them. And our country is awash with Scarborough’s, filled with petty ill informed people.

Rant over :mad::mad:

I absolutely agree, but I have to wonder what would happen if no Motorhomes went there for a full year, some businesses would actually close, the rubbish would remain though.

It’s ok for a couple of nights parked along there in Scarborough, walks along the front and up around the castle and down the other side. I always go in winter though so will probably still be open then lol

There used to be someone on Scarborough Council who always spoke up for motorhomes but he seems to have disappeared since they messed about with the local councils and gave more power to others who seem to know nothing.

Having grown up with long winter holidays in Scarborough (family hail from there and family owned a guest house half way up Castlegate ....
I love Scarborough a lot ....in the winter .

Wintertime is a completely different place to the hordes of summer visitors ...
And a unfettered childhood of watching the fishing boats land their catches and timber boats crane their cargoes off ...
Wandering down to the south bays sea water pool and the spa etc
Chairlift up to the marvels amusement park and it's fibreglass dinosaurs

All happy happy days ...

Would I want to stop cheek by jowl with,a,heap of other vans/motorhomes etc ....Errr nahh no thanks .

The council have see sawed between allowing overnighting then not allowing it to allowing it again ...
And by the sounds have decided it doesn't work for them ....

I doubt a single shop,ice cream parlour,harbour bar or amusement arcade or chip shop and rock shop will be,affected in the least little bit ...theres plenty of footfall already .

Sorry guys but whether any of us like it or would go there is not what really matters.
Obviously many do like it.

What matters is yet again we are treated like something wiped of the soles of my shoes, by people who obviously simply despise us.
They carry out their surveys to see if we help the local economy, and on that basis only they determine whether or not we should be allowed there. Have they carried out similar surveys for others who visit Scarborough, and if they don’t meet their criteria, would they ban them. And our country is awash with Scarborough’s, filled with petty ill informed people.

Rant over :mad::mad:

Little we can do about narrow minded people who have already made up their minds though Bill.

I doubt a single shop,ice cream parlour,harbour bar or amusement arcade or chip shop and rock shop will be,affected in the least little bit ...theres plenty of footfall already .
The girls wanted to go there a few years back in summer, it was heaving, was speaking to a shop owner who said, "it gets much busier than this". So as you say, I doubt the trade will miss 'us' much.

Back