Nice old one funky colour scheme

I always wanted one of the UPS vans (The brown Mercs with the sliding driver and passenger doors).

They would never sell them off to the public though, I believe they were always scrapped when replaced.
The ups vans had a lot of investment in respect of time and motion to make the drivers efficient in the multidrop business.i would think that in itself is reason to not want and sell to potential competitors

The ups vans had a lot of investment in respect of time and motion to make the drivers efficient in the multidrop business.i would think that in itself is reason to not want and sell to potential competitors

Main reason I was told was company branding (especially on the US side of things)
The Stateside vehicles were pretty much Devoid of badging outside being constructed by a 'coachbuilder'
BUT very identifiable as a UPS vehicle.

I was under the impression that they are so easily identifiable that they were worried about being used in crime

Best one I ever came across was Ken Kesey and his Magic Bus. I think it was famous in the late 60s. He also wrote "One flew over the cuckoos nest". twenty odd years ago Mrs D and I were driving down some goat track on the west coast of Scotland and it just appeared coming the other way. Dunno if it was the original or not. I never knew who they were at the time but later a pal told me about it.

https://i.postimg.cc/gkCPCt16/****-it-owl.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back